READ THROUGH CH. 20 IN CATCHER AND RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. In Holdens mind, women are either wholesome, non-sexual beings or bad,
sexually troublesome (and pretty confusing) beings. Brainstorm all of t
Mr. B. Shea
20 August 2016
Reader Response for Fiction:
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
1) Copy a passage that you find particularly beautiful or powerful. What devices
(imagery, figurative language, etc.) did the auth
Whats In A Name? Project
TABLE OF CONTENTS
HEAVEN OR NEVAEH
Trends are a general direction in which something is developing or
changing. In the case of this name trend; the trend is upward. Someone started a
trend in which
Writers Studio 12
1. Why do many people argue that not being able to serve in combat has hurt women's
According to the article, Women Warriors many people believe that since women cannot serve in
combat, their mil
WRITERS STUDIO 11
1. Summarize the author's purpose in the first three paragraphs of the article.
The authors purpose in the first three paragraphs of the article is to show how the women in
Saudi Arabia are so repressed that they
WRITERS STUDIO 10
Read "How We Got Football" from the December 14, 2015 issue of Upfront and respond to each
of the following in a complete paragraph:
1. What was the "football crisis" gripping the nation in 1905?
The "football cr
Writers Studio 9
1. Summarize the central ideas of the article.
The central ideas of the article Cuba & The U.S.: A New Start?" written by Veronica Majerol is
centered around the new relationship being created between Cub
WRITERS STUDIO 7
1. Why do you think conflicts between remote indigenous tribes and South American
villagers are on the rise?
I think conflicts between remote indigenous tribes and South American villagers are on the rise
WRITERS STUDIO 6
Read: "World Affairs 2016" pages 14-39 and answer each in a complete paragraph:
1. How might the maps in World Affairs 2016 help you make sense of news events in the
The maps in World Affairs 2016 hel
WRITERS STUDIO 4
Read "Changing the World" from the October 12, 2015 issue of Upfront
1. This article's introduction suggests that millennials get a bad rap for using technology for
frivolous things (taking selfies, playing video games, et
Writers Studio 3
1. Summarize the article's central idea.
The articles central idea is to show how much of a struggle migrants face. It explains reasons
as to why they are fleeing their countries to smuggle into another one, the t
Writers Studio 2
Read "What's the Deal With the Iran Deal?" p. 12-13 and answer the following in complete
1. What does each side gain in the recently signed agreement? Do you think its a fair deal?
WRITERS STUDIO 1
Read What They Did for Their Summer Vacation page 8
1. Summarize the authors purpose in the first three paragraphs of the article.
The authors purpose in the first three paragraphs of the article was to introduce
the topic of child labor.
Writers Studio # 13
1. Why is New Hampshire considered a critical state for presidential candidates in general
and for Carly Fiorina in particular?
New Hampshire is considered a critical state for presidential candidates in genera
Extra Assignment 1
The United States and Cuba have cut off all connections to each other for
over half a century. President Obama decided that these connections would be
restored when he took office in 2008. President Obama allowe
The Catcher in the Rye Discussion Questions
1. How does Holden describe his parents? His older brother, D.B? His history teacher, Old
Holden describes his parents as occupied before he was born and as nice a