First Exam: week of Oct. 31, 2016 on PAL
General Instructions: There are four parts to the test: 1) true / false;
multiple choice; 3) one essay; and 4) extra credit. The last two pages of the test
comprise the answer sheet. Please a
To assist in this Hot Issue Dialogue, please review the following article by clicking here: Debt Collection
To summarize, federal agents in Georgia arrested John Todd Williams, 48, founder of debt collection
agency Williams, Scott & Associates alo
In Ferguson, Missouri, and NYC, grand juries empaneled under the criminal procedure laws of those
states did not find sufficient evidence was presented by the prosecutor to authorize the filing of murder
or other lessor charges against police officers. In
1. What preconceived ideas and opinions did you have about Stella Liebeck v. McDonalds
Corporation (also known as the McDonalds hot coffee case) prior to watching the video?
How have your notions about the case changed after watching the video?
Analyze Real Cases Ch. 4
20. The type of crime that the council chairperson committed was bribery. He offered to do something
that was not legal or ethical and was outside of his legal duties for a sum of $12,000. This is a textbook
1. Jenna gets a ticket for careless driving after the police come to investigate a car accident
she had with you on Hanover Boulevard. Your car is badly damaged through no fault of
your own. Is Jenna likely
1. Explain how both individuals and institutions can be viewed as ethical and unethical.
Individuals and institutions can be viewed as ethical or unethical by a few different ethical
perspectives. There are utilitarianism,
25. I do not think that the Supreme Court should have taken the case because it is not a constitutional
issue. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that there should be a separation of church and state,
this phrase is found only in a letter written by
Deciding whether or not a child should be tried as an adult is a very tricky subject. On one hand
you have those who say that children should be tried as adults if they have committed adult crimes,
especially murder. They say that the light sentence that
March 28, 2016
Hinduism and Christianity
There are similarities and differences between Hinduism and Christianity.
Hinduism, a polytheistic religion, is considered one of the oldest religions in the world.