Math 12002, section 020, Summer 2 2016
Instructor: Mark Lewis
Exam 2 (Exam)
Due : Saturday, July 9 2016 01:00 AM EDT
1. Question Details
(18 points) Find the derivatives of the following functions. Do not simplify your answers.
BIO 97: Genetics Notes (Midterm II)
- What does cloning mean? Cloning is discovering the molecular identity of a gene.
- In the following example we want to identify (obtain the sequence) the gene that causes this particular
phenotype. With th
Classics 45B Midterm II Notes
Homer: Author of the Iliad and Odyssey.
Renowned for epic poetry writing style and oral traditional poetry.
Date of the compositions range from the 8th-7th century BCE (Archaic Greece).
Oral Composition and Performance Rhap
Gluconeogenesis occurs mainly in liver. Gluconeogenesis occurs to a more limited
extent in the kidney and small intestine under some conditions.
Synthesis of glucose from pyruvate utilizes many of the same enzymes as Glycolysis.
Bio 99 Final Notes
Lecture # 8
- DNA-dependent RNA polymerases require MG ions and all four rNTPs (ATP, GTP, UTP and CTP) as
substrates for polymerization reactions. The chemistry closely resembles that of DNA synthesis.
- RNA polymerases extends an RNA s
Bio 97 (Genetics) Notes
Chapter 1 and 7
Localizing the Genetic Material
-Hereditary traits of plants were first observed by Gregor Mendel. Later in history, microscopy was used
to observe chromosome movement during cell division in reproductive cells.
- Story begins 10 years after the end of the Trojan War.
- O is on the island of Ogygia with the goddess Calypso, who has fallen in love with him and refuses to let
- In the meantime, suitors are in Ithaca trying to stea
Classical Mythology Chapter 20
Book 5 - Ogygia with Calypso
(1) Ismarus Home of Cicones (Spared Maron, a Priest of Apollo who would give them 12 jars of Red
(2) Land of Lotus Eaters
(3) City of Cyclopes (Meets Polyphemus)
(4) Island of Aeolus, keepe
Physics 3A Textbook Notes
1-3 Measurement and Uncertainty, Significant Figures
There is an uncertainty associated with any every measurement. When giving a result of a
measurement, the estimated uncertainty can be represented by a (+ / -).
Glycolysis is responsible for the production of
ATP (adenosine triphosphate) through the degradation of glucose.
It is a fundamental reaction performed by all
organisms where glucose is turned into pyruvate.
All reactions occur in the
Explain how chromosome structure differs in Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukaryotes (e.g., histones
and circular/linear chromosomes).
Bacterial genomes can be circular or linear. Note that bacteria also do not undergo
mitosis (a process which condenses chromoso
How can we display quantitative data? With a dotplot
Transform data into dots on the real number line.
Stack repeated points.
Ruling pulse |'-l1L' lium a Mlllpil)
random sample 0! 92 pursuna
ionszuwuumun ' '
nrnamnnnuimu : :