Concentration Camps Immediately upon their assumption of power on January 20, 1933, the
Nazis established concentration camps for the imprisonment of all enemies of their regime.
Beginning in 1938, Jews were targeted for internment solely because they wer
1. Know if unemployment went up or down from 1929 to 1933
unemployment rate was increasing.
Know who the president was, before FDR who did not effectively handle the Great
3. Know why thousands of WWI veterans marched on Wa
15. What was the goal of Roosevelt's New Deal program?
start government programs that would help the economy recover
make reforms that would improve society and the economy
provide relief to people too poor to adequately meet the basic necessities
War of 1812
Key Terms & Ideas
Impress m ent
FrancisSc ottKe y
Era of Good Feelings
Hooverville a shack made out of cardboard with a tin roof. Made from scrap.
Homeless people, during the time of the Great Depression lived in Hoovervilles.
Hoover blanket a newspaper used to cover people when cold.
Hoover mattress park benches covered in
Great Depression a time period in history where millions of workers were
Surplus is the result when a business produces too much of its product.
Economic climate of the 1920s The Roaring 20s the economy was strong.
People spend lots of money
Between 1400 and 1700, a new world opened up for Europe. Sailors set out on great voyages of
discovery to lands that the people of Europe had not previously known existed.
1. A whole new plan of government was written, the Constitution of the United States!
What were the Articles of Confederation? When were they written? What were they a plan
What was Congress?
Why was the national government weak?
Why were A
1. What year did the rain stop?
2. How long did the Dust Bowl last?
3. What happed to the people who actually lived through and experienced the Dust
4. Describe the Southern Plains.
5. What did the farmers plant on the land in the Southern Plains?