1. What is the fundamental attribution error? In what situations have you made
this mistake in your life?
2. In what ways can the attributions we make about each other in our
relationships be important?
3. To what extent can the human willingness to play
1. At the end of class and last night, you read a chapter from a book called NurtureShock
entitled The Lost Hour.
Why dont you consistently get 8-9 of sleep every night? Is it because of choice,
necessity, poor time management skills, bad habits, a com
1. What kinds of information do we encode automatically, and what kinds of
information require effort?
2. How did Hermann Ebbinghaus study memory, and what did he discover
3. What is the spacing effect, and why is it important to und
Unknown White Male and dissociative fugue
What is a memory? Why is memory so important to our identities?
Three processes of memory:
Encoding: visual, acoustic, semantic
o Automatic vs. effortful
o Ebbinghaus method of studying memory
o Spacing effect
1. Savants; how the study of savants led to a redefinition of what intelligence is.
2. What does it mean to be smart?
3. Theories of intelligence:
Spearman: g or general intelligence
Gardner: multiple intelligences
Sternberg: 3 factors
As you now know, classical conditioning is the simplest form of learning
there is, and it is often quite powerful and enduring. According to
Pavlov, when a reflexive behavior is brought about by a formerly
neutral stimuli, youve been classically condition