Please contact your Thomson sales representative to request a revised PowerLecture
instructor DVD to replace the version you are currently using. The revised DVD contains
complete versions of the test banks and instructors manuals for Millers Living in th
Volume of Room Lab
You will be given a length of string with which to measure the volume of the room.
a. What is the volume of Mr. Stephens Room?
b. Were your measurements accurate? Precise?
c. How could this lab have been performed with more a
Pressure is force
per unit area
Pressure is not the same as force!
The same force applied over a
smaller area results in greater
pressure think of poking a
balloon with your finger and
then with a needle.
Pressure is a useful co
FLY LIKE AN EAGLE Paper Airplane Lab
You will soon find out that this is not a crash course! You and your partner(s) have been hired by FunLife, (a fictitious toy
manufacturing company) to design and create three paper airplanes that can either cover the
Floating and Sinking
Floating and Sinking
How is it possible that huge ships made
of steel can float easily in water?
Yet in a few hours the same ship can
become a sunken wreck like the Titanic.
Why does most of an iceberg lie hidden
beneath the surface o
What is buoyancy?
2. What is the relationship
density & buoyancy?
10. Eureka! Buoyancy!
QuickTime and a
are needed to see this picture.
Will it float or sink?
The largest ship in the world is the
Bill Nye: Pseudoscience
Name: _ Block: _
1. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary _.
2. When the Earth casts a shadow on the moon, what shape is it?
3. What is the process of testing claims?
4. What is a claim that cant be tested?
5. What makes the b
Whats your ecological footprint?
1. Go to http:/www.earthday.net/footprint/flash.html
2. Take the quiz as a new user.
3. Always Click on Enter Detailed Information, answer questions, and click OK
4. Record your ecological footrprint.
a. How man
Geology Presentation Quiz 1
1. Label the parts of the solid Earth below:
Label the crust, mantle, and core. Label the most dense and the least dense.
2. What is a tectonic plate?
a. Something you eat off of.
b. The middle layer of the Earth