500 grams of sugar occupies a volume of 0.315 L. What is the density of the sugar in
The density of a substance is 1.63 g/mL. What is the mass of 0.25 L of the substance in
The density of pure solid copper is
Element Identification Questions
What is the element X represented by the symbol 9140X.
What is the element X represented by the symbol 3316X?
What is the element X represented by the symbol 5123X?
How many prot
1. Question 1
How many moles of copper are in 6,000,000 atoms of copper?
2. Question 2
How many atoms are in 5 moles of silver?
3. Question 3
How many atoms of gold are in 1 gram of gold?
4. Question 4
How many moles of sulfur are in 53.7 grams o
Molar Mass Questions
Calculate the molar mass of CuSO4.
Calculate the molar mass of CaCOH.
Calculate the molar mass of Cr4(P2O7)3.
Calculate the molar mass of RbOH2H2O.
Calculate the molar mass of KAl
Chapters 6,16 Enthalpy, Entropy, Free Energy
1st Law of Thermodynamics: Energy of the universe is constant.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: In any spontaneous process, there is
always an increase in entropy in the universe.
(Suniv = Ssystem + Ssurroundings) (S
AP Chemistry Review
Answer the following questions based on EQUATIONS PRACTICE 7 BIG REVIEW
1. What happens to the conductivity as these two solutions are mixed and why?
2. What happens to the pH as these two solutions are mixed and why?
3. What are
EQUATIONS BIG REVIEW
Name _ Date _ Period _
For each of the following reactions, in part (i) write a balanced equation for the reaction and in part (ii) answer the
question about the reaction. In part (i), coefficients should be in terms of l
Aluminum metal melts at 660.37 C. What is the temperature in Kelvin?
Gallium is a metal that can melt in your hand at 302.93 K. What is the temperature in C?
Body temperature is 98.6 F. What is the temperature in C?
1. Convert the following measurements into m.
a. 280 cm
b. 56100 mm
c. 3.7 km
2. Convert the following measurements into mL.
a. 0.75 liters
b. 3.2 x 104 L
c. 0.5 m3
3. Which is greater: 45 kg or 4500 g?
4. Which is greater? 45 miles or 63 km?
5. How many
Chapters 9 - Chemical Names/Formulas
IONS = Charged particles conduct e- in solution = (aq)
CATIONS = +
ANIONS = -
Ionic Compounds conduct electricity when (aq) or (l)
Many [ionic] formula units all attached.
Molecular Compounds do NOT conduct el
Chapter 10 CHEMICAL QUANTITIES
Equal volumes of gases (@ same T and p) have the same #
The number of 12C atoms in
12.00 grams of carbon is called
Avogadros Number = 6.02(10)23
This quantity is called a MOLE
Ch. 10 Test Review
1. How many H atoms are in 10 H2O molecules?
2. How many H atoms are in 36.0 g H2O?
3. If 7 books have a mass of 15 kg, what is the mass of 12
4. Avogadros Number = 6.02(10)23 = 1 mol, so
1 mole of H2O = _ moles of molecules
1. How many significant figures are in the following values?
a. 4.02 x 10-9
c. 6 x 105
2. How many significant figures are in the following values?
c. 22.76 x 10-3
3. Which value has more significant figu