`Year 8 History- The Spread of the Black Death
Read pp. 298-300 in the textbook and then pp. 306-310. Answer the following questions on
Compare the trade maps on p. 298 with the infestation maps on p. 307. How did trade
contribute to the s
Solve each question. Round your answer to the nearest hundredth.
1) Working alone, Ryan can dig a 10 ft by 10 ft
hole in five hours. Castel can dig the same
hole in six hours. How long would it take
them if they worked together?
2) Shawna can p
1) Find the value of two numbers if their sum is 12 and their difference is 4.
4 and 8
2) The difference of two numbers is 3. Their sum is 13. Find the numbers.
5 and 8
3) Flying to Kampala with a tailwind a plane averaged 158 km/h. On the return trip the
Solve each problem. Round to the nearest tenth or tenth of a percent.
1) What percent of 29 is 3?
2) What percent of 33.5 is 21?
3) What percent of 55 is 34?
4) 41% of 78 is what?
5) 28% of 63 is what?
6) 58% of what is 63.4?
1) 2 m of soil containing 35% sand was mixed
into 6 m of soil containing 15% sand. What
is the sand content of the mixture?
2) 9 lbs. of mixed nuts containing 55% peanuts
were mixed with 6 lbs. of another kind of
mixed nuts that contain 40% peanuts. W
1) An aircraft carrier made a trip to Guam and
back. The trip there took three hours and
the trip back took four hours. It averaged 6
km/h on the return trip. Find the average
speed of the trip there.
2) A passenger plane made a trip to Las Vegas
The visitor from the future! Interview with Kien. C
K: Salutations, Mr?
I: Mr. Ian Inker. And you?
K: I am Kien. C
I: I see. So, I trust the people have
been very hospitable?
K: They have, to some extent, except
for the ghastly little scrub