1. Which of the following people living in India in 1885 would most likely be a member of
the Indian National Congress?
a. an uneducated member of the pariah caste
b. an English-speaking member of the Brahim caste
c. a former official of the British East
1. Which of the following issues has affected Africa throughout its long history?
a. disunity as a result of different tribal groups and colonization
b. limited access to fertile land for agriculture
c. the temporary nature of stateless societies
1. Which of the following was a common fear of American leaders and Soviet leaders
during the 1930s?
a. Egypts nationalization of the Suez Canal
b. The collapse of the League of Nations
c. The rising power of Germany
d. Japans development of atomic weapon
1. The Truman Doctrine is most associated with the United States foreign policy of
a. Peaceful coexistence
b. Unrestricted free trade
c. Nuclear nonproliferation
d. Containment of communism
e. Mutually-assured destruction
2. Which of the following events
1. Which of the following was a similar result after World War I and World War II?
a. Both resulted in the formation of inclusive international organizations.
b. Both were soon followed by worldwide depressions.
c. Both resulted in a decrease in the numbe
1. In the world today, all culture, all literature and art belong to definite classes and are
geared to define political lines. Mao Zedong
Based on the quotation above, with which statement about culture, literature, and art
would Mao Zedong most likely a
1. Which of the following best characterizes Western imperialist expansion in the late
a. Western fears of the spread of Japanese influence
b. Western investment to create self-sufficient economies in the new colonies
c. An unprecedent
1. Which of the following is most likely to have influenced eighteenth-century population
trends in both Europe and China?
a. A sharp decline in average global temperatures
b. Introduction of Western Hemisphere crops
c. The rise of parliamentary governmen
How did India gain its independence from Great Britain?
-end of WWII = independence to Asian, African & M.E. colonies
industrialization of Japan, S.U, Italy, Spain
A. Why India became a victim of imperialism
1. Britain was industrialized & had military t
1. Which of the following is a similarity between the Soviet Union under Stalin and China
a. Collectivization of agriculture
b. Founding of a Communist International
c. A state-sponsored Cultural Revolution
d. Waging of war in Vietnam
e. The ad