1. Republic: A form of government in which sovereignty rests with the people, as opposed
to a king or monarch.
2. Limited Government: government outline where any more than minimal governmental
intervention in personal libertie
AP US Government
Civil Liberties- Constitutionally protected freedoms of all persons against government
Civil Rights- Constitutional rights of all people, not just citizens, to due process and the
equal protection of the laws.
1. The pertinent question regarding civil rights is whether the government has the authority to
treat different people differently and whether such different treatments are reasonable.
2. Black leaders publicized th
1. Advice and Consent: Terms in the Constitution describing the U.S. Senate's power to
review and approve treaties and presidential appointments
2. Agenda setting: The process of forming the list of matters that policymakers intend to
The Judiciary: How the Judicial Review transformed the Judicial branch?
14th amendment linked states and bill of rights, led to many more state and local laws being
picked up by the Supreme Court.
The power of the courts to declare laws u