Criminology Course Agreement Form
As a condition of continuing enrollment with Beacon Academy of Nevada, the state
Department of Education requires all students and parent or guardian to sign this Course
Agreement Form for each course. By typing your name
Unit 6 Text Questions
1. Identify and discuss two different goals that the criminal justice system has.
The two main goals of the American criminal justice system are deterrence (prevention) and
punishment of criminals when deterrence doe
Unit 5 Text Questions
1. What are the two types of white-collar crimes?
Typical white-collar crimes include fraud, bribery, Ponzi schemes, insider trading,
embezzlement, cybercrime, copyright infringement, money laundering, identity theft
1. What is the "Warrior Gene"? Why is this gene controversial?
Human behavior is complex and influenced by our genes, our environment, and our
circumstances. One of the most provocative and often controversial of genetic variants
Unit Four: Text Questions
1. What are two of the different legal categories of homicide? Discuss each type and provide an
example of a homicide that would fall under the category.
Murder: 1st degree murder is when you kill with malice, 2n
Steven Pinker on the Myth of Violence <- your first lab link
1.What myth about violence is happening today?
We are getting more and more violent
2. What does Pinker argue about violence?
Pinker argues that we are actually getting less violent as time prog
Unit Three: Text Questions
1. What is social disorganization theory?
The social disorganization theory is one of the most important theories developed by the
Chicago School, related to ecological theories. The theory directly links crime rates to
Online Cyber Crime
1. How much money was lost to internet thievery? Is this number accurate?
More than half a million dollars was lost to internet thievery although this number may not be to
accurate. This is the banks fault because they do not like to ta
Criminology Unit 2 Text Questions
1. What are the four body types in William H. Sheldons somatotyping? Describe each body type
and identify which one Sheldon believed was related to delinquency and crime.
Ectomorphs are long and lean, wit
Criminology Unit 2 Lab Questions
Exploring the Mind of a Killer
1. What factors does Fallon suggest create psychopathic killers?
Genes, Environment, Brain Damage, and timing of developmental age
2. Where did Fallon see damage in the brain when he looked a
Criminology Unit 1 Lab Questions
1. What led the FBI to investigate this particular place?
The body of gangster who went missing 3 weeks earlier was found there
2. How was this investigation different from an archaeological dig? Why was it different?