Chapter 10 Review-H
1. When a cell divides, what happens to its surface area to volume ratio?
2. As a cell gets larger, its produces more.?
3. What are the problems with a cell being too large?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of sexual
Ch 11 CP
1. Why did Mendel remove the male parts to the flower?
2. Each parent pea plant donates how many of each allele?
3. If a pea plants alleles for height are TT, what is true of its parents?
4. A homozygous recessive pea plant is cross
Ch 11 Honors Review
1. How did Mendel prevent self-pollination?
2. Inheritance and expression of dominant and recessive alleles
3. Be able to draw and interpret mono and dihybrid Punnett Squares
4. Mendels principles can apply to many or few organi
Contrast the number of chromosomes in body cells and in gametes.
Summarize the events of meiosis.
Contrast meiosis and mitosis.
Describe how alleles from different genes can be inherited together.
11.3 Other Patterns of Inheritance
Describe the other patterns of inheritance.
Explain the relationship between genes and the environment.
Beyond Dominant and Recessive Alleles Some alleles are neither domi
11.2 Applying Mendels Principles
Explain how geneticists use the principles of probability to make Punnett squares.
Explain the principle of independent assortment.
Explain how Mendels principles apply to all organisms.
11.1 The Work of Gregor Mendel
Describe Mendels studies and conclusions about inheritance.
Describe what happens during segregation.
The Experiments of Gregor Mendel The delivery of characteristics from
Chapter 10 Standardized Questions
1. Cells become specialized through the process of
C. sexual reproduction.
2. The prokaryotic cell cycle is different from the eukaryotic cell cycle because
Ch 10 Review-G
1. What problems do large cells have?
2. What happens when a cell divides? (Hint: each daughter cells get its own copy of.)
3. Define Cell Division
4. When does mitosis happen in the cell cycle?
5. When in the cell cycle is DNA repli
Chapter 10 ReviewCP
1. What happens as a cell becomes larger?
2. What are the problems a cell faces as it gets larger?
3. What happens to the surface area to volume ratio when a cell divides?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages to each typ