Unit 10 Review Sheet
1. Much of the prosperity of the 1950s was due to what type of government spending?
2. When did the baby boom hit its peak? Late 50s
3. What Supreme Court Case declared separate but equal unconstitutional? Brown V.
Board of E
1. Religious revivals of the Second Great Awakening led to a strong religious influence in
many areas of American life and promoted religious diversity.
2. The convention of the rights of women held at Seneca Falls, NY was organized by
Elizabeth Stanton a
The Wilmot Proviso would have prohibited slavery in all lands acquired from Mexico
Popular Sovereignty stated that the people in a territory would decide the slavery issue
Harriet Tubman was the leader of the Underground Railroad
1) Stalwarts and Half Breeds
a) Politicians who played the patronage system
Those who didn't play the game
2) Political Corruption
a) Politics was about getting government jobs and money
b) Tammany Hall:
New York Political Machine run by