A Study of
Feminist & Gender
What is Gender Theory?
Pinpoints the following:
1. How readers view female
characters and appraise the
authors stance towards these
2. How readers evaluate the
significance of the authors
gender in terms of i
1. MTVs show, 120 Minutes, played an important role in the rise of heavy metal in the 1980s,
bringing the style broader exposure.
a. Heavy metal was always a separate style of rock, even back in the late 1960s and
2. Rap music has its root
Chapter 12 Terms
1. Baroque A style of art marked by heavy and dramatic ornamentation and curved rather than
straight lines that flourished between 1550 and 1750. (Catholic Reformation)
2. Politiques Rulers who subordinated theological doctrine to politic
From Chapter 1: The development of a public education system is based on the
idea that democracy requires an educated population trained in rational discussion
and decision making. The authors state that knowledge of how the political system
works is the
Lab-12: Life Expectancy Lab
1. My result on the Northwestern Mutual Test was 94 years old.
2. My results on the World Life Expectancy Test was an average life expectancy of 81
years, my life of 114 years, my real age of 18 years, and my health age of 19 y
Bill Dance Bloopers
You dont stop laughing because you grow old. You grow
old because you stop laughing.
After he finished filming for the day, Bill Dance
retreated back to home in Eads, Tennessee. Bill, who
spends most of his
Therapies Study Guide
Read pages 527 556 and answer the following:
What are insight therapies and provide examples of the three different types
of insight therapies (psychoanalysis, client-centered therapy, and gestalt
therapy) as well as
Structure and function of a neuron
14th Century Drawing of the Brain
Arab philosopher Avicenna
drew what he felt were the
five cells in the brain:
The Endocrine System
a collection of glands that produce
hormones that regulate the body's:
Hormones are released into the
bloodstream and are transported to
tissues and organs throughout the
Stress and Health Psychology
Read pages 451 459 and answer the following:
1. How does stress affect our lives? How can we adjust to stress?
2. How do pressure, frustration, and conflict cause stress?
3. What is the difference between an appr
Read pages 561 570 and answer the following:
What is social psychology?
What are schemata and what important functions do they serve ?
What is the primacy effect and provide an example?
How can first impressions
Sensory Neurons Specialized Cells
Sensory receptors are classified according to the type of energy
they can detect and respond to.
Mechanoreceptors: hearing and balance, stretching.
Chemoreceptors: smell and taste main
Read pages 485 492 and answer the following:
Describe the different standards society, the individual, and mental health professionals use to
judge normal and abnormal behavior?
How do mental health professional
Main Psych Questions for this Course
General Final Review Questions
Teenage Brain Development
1.) How, and to what extent, do the recent findings about teen brain development
reveal the puzzle of adolescent behavior and/or mood? (ex.) pre-fr
This is the format you should follow when submitting a journal. Note the one inch
margins all around the page. The entry begins on the first line with the journal number
and ends at the bottom as noted below. The second line should be indented a
1. Summarize hazard in 1-2 paragraphs.
2. Why it is an environmental health and safety issue. What it is, where it is found, some exposure or safety
concerns associated with it.
3. Discuss why you chose those hazards, potentially personal exposure issues