_m n 3"
Types of Government
autocracy, monarchy, oligarchy, democracy,
republic, political party, free enterprise
I What are the main characteristics of a
I Why is free enterprise conducive to the growt
England and Its Colonies
A. As you read this section, answer the questions below to help you understand
causes and effects. There can be one or several answers to each question.
The Navigation Acts
All About Stocks
1. What is a stock:
2. You own 13 shares of stock in XYZ Corporation, therefore, you have _ votes to cast to
elect the board of directors.
3. As a stocker, how do you share in the c
The Great Depression
1. What were some of the causes of the Great Depression? Explain.
Crash of the stock market
2. Define laissez-faire economic policy.
French economists, chosen to express the ideal of government non-interference in business and
The Martian and the Car
Marty Martin was sent to Earth by the Martian Government to find life. While on Earth, Marty captured a car
and brought it back to Mars. He thought he found a good example of life on Earth. The Martian government does not
Review 1: Answer Key
1. a. (-1,1)
s. a. (x -5)2 +
c. (x + 1)2+( y-1)2
4. a. Center (S,-I) r
b. (x +3? +(y-2?
2. Length and Width:
= 75 sq units
c. (x -3? +(y+5)2 =5
b. Center (0,4) r
9 - 4 / 9 - 5 Combinations and Permutations
In how many different ways can six employees be assigned to six different jobs?
2. First, second, third and fourth place prizes can be awarded in a dance contest in which 12
Complete the following on a separate sheet of paper!
9.3, 9.4, 9.5 Quiz Review
1. Gennaros offers eight vegetable toppings and five meat toppings for their pizzas.
a. How many ways could you select a vegetable or a meat topping?
b. How many ways could you
Chapters 9.1-9.4 Review
Be able to define/explain each of the following terms.
b. Independent c. Mutually exclusive
e. Random Experiment
Rolling apair of dice, what is the probability of rolling
9.1 9.2 Quiz Review
1. Define and give examples of random experiments and sample spaces.
2. You flip a coin twice. Each time the coin can either land on heads (H) or tails (T).
a. List all outcomes in the sample space.
b. Calculate P(0 heads).
Chapter 11 Review
DO ALL WORK ON A SEPARATE SHEET!
Find the area of each shaded region.
5. Circle inscribed in one equilateral triangle and circumscribed about another. Find the area of the shaded region.
6. Two regular octagon
10.4 Secants and Tangents
1. TP is tangent to O at T. The length of the tangent segment TP is 30. The length of OP is 34.
Find the length of the radius of the circle.
2. Concentric circles with radii 7 and 25 have center P. XY is tangent t