THE PERIODIC TABLE
Chapter Test B
Match each term in Column B with the correct description in Column A. Write the letter of the correct term on the
1. half the distance between the nuclei of two atoms
Mr. Meade - AP Language and Composition
Lincoln Speeches for Analysis
Directions: Use the Graphic Organizer attached to break down each speech by Abraham
Lincoln. There are 3 speeches in total. Be prepared to discuss your analysis on your r
<ApplicationBuildDateTime>May 24 2016 10:20:04</ApplicationBuildDateTime>
<FileName>Logger Pro Sample.cmbl</FileName>
<FileIDString>10/12/2016 11:01:09Your name h
Chapters 1-2 Baptism and Confirmation Notes
Prefiguration of the Baptism in the old testament
o In the Easter vigil liturgy the church reminds us that water has long held as a
symbol of the creative power of God and o
Chapter 4 Vocabulary
1. Vernacular language-the language commonly spoken by people in a particular country or region, such
as German, Spanish, or Mandarin Chinese
2. Council of Trent- meeting of Cath
Chapter 4 Reconciliation Vocabulary
1. Abstinence- a penitential (constituting or expressing penance or penitence) practice consisting
in abstaining from the use of certain kinds of food. Also refraining from sexual activity either
before marriage or with
Chapter 3 Eucharist Vocabulary
1. Adoration- worship
2. Benediction- a prayer invoking Gods power and care upon some person, place, thing, or
undertaking. The prayer of Benediction acknowledges God as the source of all blessings
3. Communion- from the Lat
Chapter 5 Anointing of the Sick Vocabulary
1. Anointing of the Sick- one of the Seven Sacraments. It is administered by a bishop or
priest to someone who suffers from illness or old age. It includes prayers and anointing
of the hands and forehead with the
Chapter 2 Confirmation Vocabulary
1. Apostolate- the activity of each Christian that fulfills the apostolic nature of the whole
church by working to extend the reign of Christ to the entire world. Also called
2. Chrism- Greek for anointing.
Chapter 3 Eucharist
Eucharist is last Sacrament of Initiation
The Institution of the Eucharist
At Passover Jesus and Apostles went to Jerusalem to celebrate. Commemorates the Exodus
Jesus did something different: he blessed the unleavened bread and wine a
Chapter 1 Baptism Questions
Baptism is the first sacrament in the Catholic Church that forgives original and actual sin
using water for either immersion or affusion.
Baptism is necessary to receive the other sacraments in the Catholic Church, and to
Chapter 9 Vocabulary
Liturgy- the official public prayer of the church, through which Christ continues the work of redemption
through the Churchs celebration of the Paschal Mystery; it includes the s
1. What is the age of the Earth? 4.6. billion years
2. What is radioactive dating and how is it used to tell the age of materials?
Determines the exact age of a fossil using half life
3. Explain relative dating of fossils. Younge
Evolution and Darwin Worksheet
1. What is evolution? Change in organisms over a long period of time.
2. Define the term adaptation. any inherited characteristic that increases an organism's
chance of survival
3. Which explanation in reference
1. What is a population? A group of organisms of the same species that live in the same
2. Explain Darwin's idea of a "struggle for existence" between organisms. there is always
going to be competition for resources between organisms, and the o
What is the male gamete? sperm
Where does sperm cell formation occur? Testes
What is the function of the sac the testes are suspended in, the scrotum? Keep the
sperm away from the high temp of the body
What is the process of gametogenesis? Pro
Name_ Class_ Date_
Lesson 15.1: Critical Reading
Read these passages from the text and answer the questions that follow.
The Cell Cycle
Cell division is just one of several stages that a cell goes through during its lifetime.
The cell cycle is a repeating
Use complete sentences that you will construct on your own paper to answer the
following questions. Be sure to use the chapters on skeletal and muscular systems in
your textbook to answer these.
What is connective tissue? Tissue in the body
Digestive and Excretory Systems Review Sheet with answers
Answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper.
1. What is meant by the term excretion? The removal of liquid and gaseous wastes
from the body
2. Our kidneys need to filt
Endocrine System Review Topics
1. What is the function of the endocrine system?
A set of glands that produce hormones- chemical messengers that circulate in the blood.
Regulates the body and helps to maintain homeostasis.
2. What is the difference between
Review Sheet Answers
1. DNA is found in the nucleus of every cell
2. The three components of a DNA nucleotide are deoxyribose, phosphate and
3. Deoxyribose and phosphates alternating
4. Nitrogen base pairs
5. Thymine, guanine, cyto
Biochemistry Review Worksheet
1. Water molecules are _attracted_ to other water molecules.
2. Water molecules attracting other water molecules is called
3. Cohesion of water molecules produces _surface_ tension
making water seem like it
Enzyme Practice Quiz/Living Environment
1. Which of the following enzymes would digest a fat? (1.) sucrase
(2.) fatase (3.) protease (4.) lipase
2. At high temperatures, the rate of enzyme action decreases
because the increased heat (1.) changes the pH of
Lesson 6.1: Vocabulary I
Name_ Class_ Date_
Match the vocabulary word with the proper definition.
_ 1. organism that has cells containing a nucleus and other organelles
_ 2. an organelle inside eukaryotic cells where the DNA is located
_ 3. ce
Classification Review Sheet Answers
1. Taxonomy is the science of classifying and naming living and extinct organisms
2. Show relationships among organisms, help to determine where an unknown
organism would be located, organized
3. Genus species
4. So tha
The standard (SI) unit for mass is the
represented by _.
The SI unit for length or distance is the
represented by _.
The SI unit for time is the
represented by _.
Math and Measuring
Impulse and Momentum
Work and Power
Motion in Two Dimensions
101 "pfacts" for the Physics regents exam
101 "pfacts" for the Physics Regents exam
1. Mass and inertia are the same thing. (Mass actually measures inertia - in kilograms
Much as monetary resources measures financial wealth - in dollars.)