1. What are the three types of fingerprints found in the human population?
How often does each occur?
The three types of fingerprints are loops, whorls, and arch fingerprints.
Loop fingerprints are ones that have ridge lines that enter on
The Art of Crime Detection
1. What do the left and rights sides of the brain do? Which side of the brain
does a police sketch artist use when creating a suspect sketch?
The left side of the brain sees and interprets the world as symbols and
1. What is forensic science?
Forensic Science is a science that helps in the criminal justice system.
Forensic scientists analyze evidence collected from crime scenes and help
determine many things about the crime. They use fingerprints t
1. Forensic investigators are required to visit crime scenes and conduct
interviews with witnesses. What personal attributes and interpersonal skills
may be required for this type of work? Explain.
I think that a forensic scientist would need to be good c
Texas Servant Girl Murders
1. Describe the crimes that the History Detectives are investigating in the video.
The history detectives are looking for the killer of the texas servant girls. This
mysterious killer killed six African American servants and two
1. What is physical evidence? Provide at least three examples in your
Physical evidence is any evidence that proves that a crime happened
and any evidence that could link a criminal to the crime. Examples of
physical evidence can
The Secret in the Cellar
1. Describe the case that the forensic anthropologists and others discover.
Why do they suspect that it may be murder?
The forensic anthropologists discover a skeleton of a teenage boy hidden in
the cellar of an old house around t
1. What are the four types of evidence in a criminal investigation?
The four types of evidence are physical evidence, documentary
evidence, demonstrative evidence, and a testimony which is evidence given
by a witness during a trial.