1. When metals that react with acids that are chemically active, what is produced? Write
equation as an example.
2. What does being amphoteric mean with reference to acids and bases?
3. What function do indicators serve in acid/base reactions? Why are
1. Define each of the following:
Arrhenius Acid Bronsted-Lowry Acid
Arrhenius Base Bronsted-Lowry Base
2. What is the difference between a conjugate acid and a conjugate base?
3. Give the conjugate acid of the following bases
Assignment #5 Colligative Properties of Solutions
1. What effects will the addition of a solute have on the boiling and freezing points of
2. Would ocean water in which ice has been formed and then removed be a better
source of salt than untre
1. What is the molarity of a solution of silver nitrate that contains 42.5 g AgNO3 in
100.0 mL of
2. What is the molarity of a solution of sodium iodide that contains 3.75 g of NaI
in 0.500 L of
3. Compute the mola
1. Define miscible and immiscible
2. How is solubility specified(how is is usually stated)?
3. What is the effect of increased pressure on the solubility of gases in
4. What is the effect of increased temperature on the solubility of solids in
1. How do heterogeneous mixtures differ from homogeneous mixtures?
2. Of the following, which are homogeneous mixtures and which are heterogeneous
cream of mushroom soup?
Lab Report Format
1. You can only start labs on the fronts of the pages only (ie: the right hand side)
2. Must be on the first page of the lab report:
the title of the lab
names of all lab members
3. You must not write in the fi
Final Exam Review 2
Solutions (what they are and characteristics)
Q = m c T
Indicators of a chemical change
Conservation of mass: mass of reactants = mass of products
likes dissolve likesEx. Water is pol
Chemistry Final Exam Review
Kinetic Molecular Theoryknow its parts
Acids contain hydrogen ions, which is the same thing as hydronium ions
Polar compounds are not symmetrical, while nonpolar are symmetrical
Be able to solve density problems
Label the quali
Chemistry EOC Test Reference Table Hunt
1. What is the formula to convert Celsius to Kelvin?
2. Which has longer wavelengths, blue light or red light?
3. Which has more energy, gamma rays or microwaves? (energy and wavelength are