Do Now: List one thing you know about space and one you would like to know about space.
How long does each month represent on the cosmic calendar?
About 1 billion years
What event marks the beginning of the cosmos?
The Big Bang
1. Explain how UY Scuti and J0523 are different.
UY ScuT is the largest star discovered so far and JO523 is the
smallest star discovered.
2. Why will J1311 (the Black Widow Pulsar) eventually find itself
without its companion star? How wills this happen?
Louisiana Comprehensive Curriculum, Revised 2008
Unit 7: Astronomy and Space Exploration
Time Frame: Approximately six weeks
This unit focuses on astronomy and space exploration: how the study of the Solar
1. What are the terrestrial planets?
Rocky planer is a planer that is composed primarily of metal or
2. How were the inner and outer planets formed?
The same spinning disc of dust that formed the sun formed the
inner and o
1. Why is Venus not as suitable as Earth for human life?
Venus is not as suitable as Earth for human life due to its
extremely hot surface. Its a surface so hot that landers havent
been able to operate on it more than a couple of hours.
2. What would make
1. Sometimes it does describe me other times it doesnt but I can change my
approach by just actually trying to understand what the other person is
saying instead of just saying random words.
2. I am more of a talker; I cant stop talking.
3. I can become a
1. I tried to reach an agreement with my cosmetology teacher letting me leave
class 30 minutes early so I can do school cheer for my senior year. I have to
commit coming in to make up my hours for cosmetology school on the
weekends, and never be late to c
1. Obeying parents orders, respect others, spreading happiness and love,
never betraying others who have helped you, and staying true to who you
are. I am satisfied with how I am fulfilling these roles, and sometimes I feel
like I need to work on obeying
1. I found out that my personal learning style Im a self-doing person, I love to
go out to test theories and hand on things. Im not surprised because I dont
seem to pick up on other learning styles, and I enjoy doing hands on thing
more. Hands on gasp my
1. Excellence, service, growth, and giving.
2. Excellence 6, service 10, growth 8, and giving 10.
3. I most committed to service, growth, and giving because giving back to
someone can really change how they look at life, which means that theyre
1. Doing something with difficulty in reaching success.
2. This means that life throws so many hardships at you and people want you to
fail. I agree with Maxwell because that is 100% true, life throws some of the
hardest situations at you and you dont rea
1. Yes, a planner helps me keep track of due dates and appointments I have that
week or that month.
2. I have to do my schoolwork, chores, go to work, walk my dog, and going
shopping. My goals are to finish all my makeup work in Leadership
1. What is the study of the cosmos? The study of the cosmos
includes what topics?
The study of cosmos is the study of large-scale structures and
evolutions of the universe. The study of cosmos includes the following
topics stars, planets,
I think Sean Coveys ideas are amazing having something in each category for most
teens to relate to. Having different tips and guidance for people at such a young age
for them to build off to, and having something to go read to guide them in areas they
1. Something that falls in my circle of concern is homeless people in America
not just people around my state, and something that falls in my influence is
people I work with. I have to tried to control things in my circle of concern is
by making it aware
Personal sacrifice is important is because it could help someone else in the long run
or it can really help you. Giving up something you want or not spending that extra
time on doing something you really shouldnt. I would have to say I personally
I think leaders need to understand this principle that Thomas Edison has stated
because it can help them build on skills they are struggling with, using others ideas
in the right lawful way isnt a bad thing. Building off of ideas from others can help
1. My mom see things in a different perspective then I do when it comes to
school, rules, and freedom. When it comes to letting me have my freedom
using that as a third alternative solution could be giving me a later curfew
and showing her I can be respon
1. Chesly Sullenberger is a veteran airman; he was considered a hero for saving
a crashing plane and safety landed with 155 passengers.
2. I believe in whatever does not kill you can make you stronger. This has
been true you when I would push through the
1. Unrealistic goals set people to failure, I wasnt surprised because of
experience I had with not having realistic goals. I was trying to reach
something that was impossible to just jump to and not build my way up the
2. They dont put everything