History and Scientific Methods Vocabulary
1. Applied psychology: any of several branches of psychology that seek to apply
psychological principles to practical problems of education or industry or marketing etc.
2. Behaviorism: the vi
Vocabulary Nature/Nurture and Human Development
1. Behavior genetics- the study of the relative power and limits of genetic and
environmental influences on behavior.
2. Critical period- an optimal period shortly after birth when an organisms exposure
Biology of Psychology
1. Absolute refractory period- the period immediately following the firing of a nerve fiber
when it cannot be stimulated no matter how great a stimulus is applied.
2. Acetylcholine (Ach)- a neurotransmitter that