Homework Assignment Module 1
Critical Thinking Chapter 1
1. Define the primary elements of the CIA triad in your own words. Are the three areas
of emphasis in this model comprehensive for modern threats to software systems?
Compiling code is transforming a program coded in a high level programming language from its
original form to native machine language or low level programming language where it can
execute. Programmers develop code using source code, which th
Explain why you think Integrity of the data would be important in software security.
Confidentiality, integrity, and availability also known as the CIA trade are three of the most crucial
elements of system and software security. Integrity fo
Homework Assignment Module 8
Critical Thinking Chapter 15
1. Why are database views important and how are they beneficial in a DBMS?
Database views are essentially virtual displays of physical base tables located in the DBMS.
Homework Assignment Module 7
Critical Thinking Chapter 13
1. What privacy issues should be considered with employee access to software systems even
when the software is housed within the organization?
Because the software is hous
Homework Assignment Module 6
Critical Thinking Chapter 11
1. What are the essential outcomes of secure system requirement? Justify your position.
Understanding what legacy data (or old, obsolete information) remains in an outdate
Homework Assignment Module 5
Critical Thinking Chapter 9
1. What protections can you place within an organization on code that is developed externally?
Give examples to support your recommendation.
The protection of data within a
Homework Assignment Module 4
Critical Thinking Chapter 7
1. Why is it important to incorporate security throughout the SDLC instead of just in one phase
or another? Provide justification for your position.
The Software Developmen
Homework Assignment Module 3
Critical Thinking Chapter 5
1. What are the differences between data and information? Provide examples.
Data is various facts that do not necessarily mean anything, while information is a set and a
Homework Assignment Module 2
Critical Thinking Chapter 3
1. What are the primary risks to data and information in transit? Is there any
information sent over a network that is completely harmless if read? Justify your