Chapter 4 Strategic Job Analysis and Competency Modeling
1) Formal job descriptions are best for young organizations that need flexible employees.
2) Jobs performed in a consistent, predictable manner are easiest to analyze.
Chapter 1 Strategic Staffing
1) Although a company can better match employees with jobs they like, staffing does not
influence organizational performance.
2) Although staffing practices can influence turnover rates, they cannot influence a f
Chapter 2 Business and Staffing Strategies
1) Most companies can replicate a competitor's capabilities by imitating the competitor's staffing
2) Companies that use the same recruiting strategies are likely to experience similar re
Chapter 5 Forecasting and Planning
1) Forecasting is not an exact science, and it is rare for a forecast to be exactly right. Given this
uncertainty, it is usually best to use the previous period's data and add/reduce some percentage
value based on manage
Chapter 3 The Legal Context
1) Complying with staffing laws enhances an organization's ability to appeal to a broader
2) Someone who provides their services to a firm as an independent contractor is considered an
employee of th
Chapter 6 Sourcing: Identifying Recruits
1) Internal recruiting sources locate people who currently work for the company who would be
good recruits for other positions.
2) Passive job seekers can be easy to find as they are constantly on the
Chapter 7 Recruiting
1) Distributive fairness is the perceived fairness of the hiring or promotion outcome.
2) Interactional fairness relates to people's perceptions of the interpersonal treatment and amount
of information they received durin