Quiz Ch 1
Explain each term and give an example of each. (2 points each)
1. Spiritual Perfection
6. Ultimate reality
7. Seven (7) dimensions of religion
Who is Holy Spirit or
To be Saved
Or to Go to
Important text(s) and author(s)
Define paradox in Taoism and give example from Tao Te Ching.
Literal meaning of Tao Te Ching
According to Tao Te Ching, what is Tao?
Define yin and yang
Explain Taoisms idea that values are relative
Identify religions associated with the photos on the cover of your textbook.
1. Look at the Table of Contents. What religions do you know something about?
2. What religions are represented in our area?
3. Which religion do you know littl
Chapter 4: Buddhism
Write the letter of the single best answer in the blank before each question.
1. Buddha was a
c. supernatural being
d. both a and c
2. Siddhartha Gautama was born into
c. the wa
Groups of 2 - Samsara game.
Groups will develop a board game based on Hindu cosmology.
1. With your partner, design a board game based on the concepts of Hinduism
including all of the following, karma, dharma, castes, moksha, the various deities (at
A purpose of Buddhism is to be enlightened
about that which is real
Founder: Siddhartha Gautama
The goal of Buddhism is attaining Nirvana
(the extinction of suffering, impermanence,
delusion, and all that keeps the life cyc
Answer the questions as completely as possible.
1. Compare the Confucian doctrine of shu, or reciprocity, with the Christian teaching to love
2. According to Confucianism the cultural arts, or wen, play an important role
Answer on Scantron Sheet
6. bhakti marga
Hinduisms most popular sacred text. A short section of the epic poem Mahabharata in which the god Krishna
Understand the foundation of Hinduism.
Consider and examine the ancient texts that defined Hinduism.
Develop an overarching understand of the complexity of Hinduism and its early development.
Review the major deities in Hindu
India / Hinduism
Identify - historical & societal forces shaping Hinduism
Early civilizations along Indus River (Mohenjo-Daro, Sramanic, Dravidian)
Aryan invasions 1500 B.C.E.
Dominant force produced official scriptu