Circuits Review Sheet
1) You have a box full of 50 and 100 resistors. Use these to create the equivalent of a 25
resistor, a 75 resistor, a 33 resistor, a 125 resistor, and a 10 resistor.
DRAW THE CIRCUITS BELOW.
2) You have a 40 W light bulb and a 60 W
1) A racecar starts from rest and accelerates at 6 m/s2 over a distance 500 m. Unfortunately at the end
of the 500 m is a cliff. The cliff has a height of 300 m. Answer the following questions:
How far, in the horizontal direction, will the car land from
1) A 1,500kg car travels on a horizontal surface at 40m/s when the driver slams on the brakes and skids.
After the skid, the car is traveling at 25m/s. The coefficient of friction between the cars tires and the
road is 0.9. How long were the brakes applie
1-D MOTION including FREEFALL:
1) Determine the radius of the visible part of the Universe if the time of its existence is approximately
13 billion years, and the speed of light is 3 x 108 m/s. Assume the speed of light is constant. Ar
By now you should be able to
a) Define momentum and impulse
b) Calculate momentum, change in momentum, and impulse.
c) Attach new knowledge to old knowledge (Mulit-part problems)
d) Define inelastic collisions
You have two battery-operated toy cars that you can let them go simultaneously on a
smooth floor. The dots in the figure below represent the locations for the two cars. The
cars start simultaneously at the dot on the left and move to the right.
1) A tire with radius 36cm is on a car which is going up a hill and slowing to a stop. A point on the tire
located 0.2 meters from the center of the tire has an initial angular velocity of 40 rad/s and slows to a
stop over 4 seconds.
a) What is the initia
Distance of Earth from Sun is 1.5x1011 meters
1) Uranus requires 84 years to circle the sun. How far is Uranus from the sun in meters? How
many times farther is this than Earth? 2.88x1012m, 19.18 times farther
2) If a planet were located 8 times farther f
For each of the following, decided if the resistors are in series or parallel. Some resistors may be in
parallel with another resistor while at the same time these two resistors may be in series with other
resistors. Trace the flow of current out of the b
Dont forget to review old QODs, activities, and labs. The concepts and math from them always show
up on the test. like in multiple choice.
1) An egg 0.2kg is lifted 4m off the ground where it ends at rest.
a) How much w