Environmental Midterm Study Guide
The midterm exam is composed of several different types of questions: multiple choice, short answer, graphing, diagrams
and article comprehension. The exam will cover topics discussed in class, beginning with the first da
more than 1 billion people lack
access to a clean, reliable source
of fresh water.
There are three major uses for water:
residential use, agricultural use, and
1. Name 3 functions of the salt marsh
2. Decomposing plant and animal matter is called:
3. What has the most influence on flooding in a marsh?
4. Define ebb:
5. What word is used to indicate that the tide is coming in (approaching high t
1. What is the study of population called?
2. What is predation?
3. Define a niche
4. Define developing nation in terms of populations.
5. Define parasitism.
6. A butterfly pollinating a flower as it drinks nectar is an example of what
1. What organism causes disease?
2. Define toxicology
3. Define epidemiology
4. The amount of a chemical an organism is exposed to
5. What is a risk assessment?
6. A fake pathogen administered to people to stimulate the immune system
7. Define vector. Nam
1. What are the characteristics of a developing nation?
2. What are the characteristics of a developed nation?
3. What happened during the industrial revolution?
4. What happened during the agricultural revolution?
5. What is biodiversit
1. What is a primary pollutant?
2. What is a secondary pollutant?
3. List the 5 greenhouse gasses.
4. If it is hot, sunny and humid today, with a temperature of 80 degrees,
what are you describing?
5. If it is rainy, cool, with an averag
Types of hazardous waste
Hazardous wastes are wastes that are a risk to the
health of humans or other living organisms.
They may be solids, liquids, or gases. They often contain
toxic, corrosive, or explosive materials.
Some examples ar
Pick 4 questions and answer them using your book and notes.
1. What is the greenhouse effect? Is it good or bad?
2. What are the five main greenhouse gases?
3. Has it warmed/cooled in the past 4 million years? Randomly, or in a regular
Climate and Climate change Ch 13
Water Chapter 11
Non point sourc
Final Exam Study Guide Environmental Science
The final exam is composed of several different types of questions:
multiple choice, chart fill in, graph interpretation, short answer, and article
comprehension. The exam will cover topics discussed in the fol