Travel is away from home for business purpose, have to stop for rest. Transportation is a part of the cost
for travel. Commuting is driving to work from home, which is not deductible.
A tax credit is a dollar for dollar amount off of the tax liability. De
Federal Taxation of an Individual
Affordable Health Care Act Tax Credit
With the new Affordable Health Care Act taking effect, a new tax credit has come around
to fiscally help the taxpayers. This credit helps make health care mor
Dirty Dozen Tax Scams
When you think of taxes you think about taking a couple dollars from you paycheck and
April 15th, but with taxes there comes tax scams. As unfortunate as it is, tax scams exist, and
many people fall
1. Demonstrate why taxation is important.
2. Describe some of the history and trends federal income tax.
3. Assess some of the criteria for selecting a tax structure.
4. Identify the different taxes imposed at the federal lev
1. List the steps in tax research
2. Name a Key event in the history of U.S. Taxation
a. 1943, pay as you go income tax.
3. Which is the largest source of revenue for the IRS?
a. Income Tax
Significant changes for 2914 and beyond: Healthcare
1861: First federal Income Tax
1894: Income Tax reinstated
1895: Ruled unconstitutional by Supreme Court
March 1, 1913: 16th Amendment
1937: Federal Insurance Contribution Act