Chapter 5 Quiz
1. Res ipsa loquitur switches the burden to the plaintiff to prove that the defendant was negligent.
2. Res ipsa loquitur applies when the plaintiff had exclusive control of the instrumentality or situation that caused
his or her o
Chapter 8 Quiz
1. _ is a crime in which one person gives another person money, property, favors, or
anything else of value for a favor in return.
2. Monetary damages and equitable remedies are provided in a civil lawsuit.
3. _ are the m
Chapter 14 Quiz
1. Economic benefits associated with maintaining relationships with current customers include:
a. Small increases in customer retention can translate into large increases in profits
2. Abby is so satisfied with her green grocer that she re
Chapter 4 Quiz
1. The Privileges and Immunities Clause prohibits states from enacting laws that unduly discriminate in favor of
2. The Due Process Clause of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power "to regulate commerce wit
Chapter 6 Quiz
1. _ is a tort related to defective products in which the defendant has breached a duty of due care and
caused harm to the plaintiff.
2. An injured party may bring a negligence lawsuit against the distributors and retailers of
Chapter 3 Quiz
1. Once a complaint has been filed with the court, the court will issue a _, directing the
defendant to appear in court.
2. _, a pretrial litigation process, serves several functions, including preventing surprises,
Chapter 2 Quiz
1. Bill is trying to sell his house in Oklahoma City to George who lives in Arkansas. They have a
dispute over the terms of the contract and Bill decides to sue George. Which of the following
statements is true in this situation?
a. The Okl
Business Law Chapter 1 Quiz
1. When the American colonies were first settled, the English system of law was adopted as the
system of jurisprudence.
2. According to the priority of law in the United States, which of the following statements is true
Chapter 15 Quiz
1. Growing quickly
a. can be stressful if the company is not prepared.
2. Which statement is correct concerning the role of innovation for small businesses?
a. According to Clayton Christensen, 93 % of all innovations that eventually becam
Chapter 7 Quiz
1. When does a patent enter the public domain?
a. when the patent term period has expired
2. The trademark symbol "TM" is used to indicate a registered mark.
3. The fair use doctrine for copyrights allows certain limited unauthoriz
Chapter 17 Quiz
1. A widely dispersed market favors which promotional method?
2. Which category would be best for a CPA firm?
a. Personal selling
3. The major problem with the _ method of determining promotional expenditures is the tendency
Chapter 16 Quiz
1. The seller's measure of what he or she is willing to receive in exchange for transferring ownership or use of a
product or service is
2. Commissions paid to a salesperson would be included in
a. Cost of goods sold