Study Guide Chapter Five Understanding Nutrition and Your Diet
1. We need to reach the idea that what you eat matters, that it is much more than something that
tastes good and fills the tummy and that provides calories for energy. We must understand that
Study Guide Chapter Nine Tobacco
1. What % of the population smokes? - Know who is more likely to smoke there is a direct
relationship between smoking and also doing ?
2. What is the Master Tobacco Settlement (page 240-241)
3. Slide 3 instead of the Theor
Study Guide for Chapter Six Weight Management
1. Why is there a concern about weight? very good question excess fat on the body is
associated with what problems?
2. Pay attention to slide 3 do you understand how the normal BMI numbers of 18.5 25 were
Study Guide Chapter Seven
1. Definition of these words drug, misuse, abuse, dependence, addiction, withdrawal, intoxication,
tolerance, cross-tolerance, psychological dependence
2. All kinds of items fit the definition of drug including some commonly used
Taking Control of Alcohol
What is alcohol?
Alcohol ethyl alcohol ethanol is the main product
Yeast cells - enzyme invertase in yeast will convert sugars
into glucose and fructose then enzyme zymase in yeast
Making Decisions About
What is a drug?
Drug is a broad category of anything, other
than food, that by its chemical or physical
nature alters the structure or function in the
That includes medicines and psychoactive
and Your Diet
3 Provide energy
3 do not provide energy