1. One interesting element of the speakers opening was:
I thought this speaker did an excellent job at:
3. What public speaking device if any was used by this speaker:
4. How would you rate the end of the speech? Was it powerful/memorable? Did it leave
ELEMENTS OF SATIRE
Covers topic in-depth
with details and
is well thought out and
knowledge about the
appears to be
1. How many regions did linguists break our country into?
2. Which state did the German Immigrants leave most of their relatives?
3. What state did the French and French Canadian Immigrants leave most of their relatives?
4. Where did the Italian Immigrant
1. What high school football team holds the record for most consecutive wins? How
many wins in a row?
2. What is the record for the most overtimes in a HS Football game? Who were the
3. Who holds the record for most career points scored? How many p
Directions: For Questions 1-10 identify the type of figurative language that is being used
in each sentence.
1. Im so hungry I could eat a horse.
2. I will not eat green eggs and ham. I will not eat them in a can. I will not eat them
in a van. I will not
1. Define tone. What are the three things the audience will know if you set a humorous tone?
2. Name 4 things that you should do when preparing the speech to entertain.
3. What is the SPAM Model? How is it used in the sample speech on pg. 366?
4. What are
Demonstration Speech Topics
Note: read through the list to help you brainstorm. This is a list of some ideas. They may spark a
SportsGeneral tips: explain the technique thoroughly (dont forget to repeat). Show exact placement
(feet, hands, etc).
Demonstration Speech Self-Evaluation
1. How do you feel you presented yourself in the opener? How did you present
yourself as an expert on the topic?
2. Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how well you did speaking while
Caricature often exaggerates a persons peculiar features or style. If a public figure has a lot of
hair, for example, a caricature of that person might show him with a huge lions mane on top of
his head in place of his hair.
Satire often involves elements
Persuasive Speech with Research and Visual Aid Evaluation Sheet
Topic (significant and limited)
All parts of the outline are clear
1. Was your opening interesting? Did it grab the readers attention?
2. What, if any, public speaking devices did you use in the opening of your speech?
3. How many of Maslows needs did you attack in your speech? What ones were they? Did
you feel that they
Monroes Motivated Sequence
1. Attention Step
* Get the audiences attention.
* Establish interest in topic: make it relevant to the audience.
2. Need Step
* Isolate and describe the issue to be addressed.
* Show the audience they have an important need to
Find three articles in the library on the subject of your next speech. The articles can be from periodicals or
newspapers. Provide a complete citation for each article following the bibliographic format required by
your instructor and answer the
1. How nuclear power works
2. The biography of your favorite actor
3. How to make pizza
4. The history of comic books
5. How to change your cars oil
6. The story of how your school was
7. How to pick a bottle of wine
8. The history of your hometow
INFORMATION SPEECH OUTLINE WORKSHEET
DIRECTIONS: Hand this rough draft worksheet in as directed in class. Remember you will
hand in a typed version of this worksheet on the day of your speech presentation.
Specific Purpose: To inform my au
Questions to Answer in the Body of Your Speech
When did this happen?
Why did this happen?
Is this a one-time event?
What were the causes of this event?
What were the effects of this event?
What is the significance of this event?
Short Answer 3 points each
What is the Golden Ones job?
Where does Equality 7-2521 meet the Golden One?
What is Equality 7-2521s job?
Why does Equality 7-2521 break out of the Palace of Corrective Detention?
How does Equality 7-2521 escape the Palace of C
1. What should be done? Arrange the steps in a chronological order. Begin with step or
stage number one and proceed until the last action in your process speech. Use proper
2. Why you should take it, what is the purpose o