What freedom, or privilege, did Napoleon take away from the other animals after
his dogs chased Snowball off the farm?
Why did the animals accept Squealer's explanation for Napoleon's change of
mind about the windmill without any questions?
1. Who was Old Major and why did he wish to speak to the other farm animals after Mr. Jones
went to bed?
2. What was the word Major chose to call the other animals?
3. What does Major believe to be the source of all the animals' problems?
Animal Farm Chapter 1
Answer the following questions about Old Major is paragraph form.
Summarize Old Majors speech. Explain about his grievances (things that he
is angry about). What does he want the animals to do? If you were one of
Romanticism was a widespread movement. In England, it was advanced by
the following writers, among others: Mary Wollstonecraft, William
Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelley,
John Keats, William Blake. There were many stran
There are many factors that go into writing a good persuasive essay. For the next few weeks
you will be learning, practicing, and eventually mastering these factors. We will work at a slow pace
to ensure that you can piece together your essay properly. Be
In the years that mark the move from the 18th to the 19th century, roughly
1770 to 1830, there existed a movement in literature that has come to be
called The Romantic Revival. But Revival sounds too gentle; it was much
closer to a Romantic Revolution. In
1. Know the different type of characters: round or flat, static or dynamic
2. Know the definitions of conflict, figurative language, theme, pun, oxymoron
3. List 3 ways to begin an introduction in a persuasive essay
4. List 4 leads of memoir writing, or t
Vacationing at the Beach or in the Mountains
People are always looking forward to their vacation period. There are many
options where to choose. I think that the two most common places people
choose for taking a vacation are the beaches and the mountains.
Writing for an Audience
To Whom This May Concern,
Last evening I dined at your
establishment and while most visits are
positive experiences, I must say that this one
was not. When my meal arrived I found a
foreign object in my food. I brought this to