Energy in the Bonds of ATP
Read through the background information and procedure carefully. Answer the pre-lab
questions in your IAN. After Ive checked over them you may begin the lab.
Energy is the ability to do work. Potential en
Name: Mark Polanco
Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration
Construct Your Puzzle Pieces
1. Obtain 9 squares of paper these will be your puzzle pieces.
2. In each square, you will write in the chemical formula for one of the molecules involved in the process
Werewolf legend article selections
1. Look through the article for a paragraph(s) where a different cultures perspective on
Biology: Concepts and Connections, 6e (Campbell)
The Chemical Basis of Life
1) What phrase best describes the connection between the ants' use of formic acid and the theme of Chapter 2?
A) Ants are important for the sur
AP Statistics: Summer Assignment
Read the Preface and Chapter One in your text, The Practice of Statistics by
Starnes, Yates, And Moore; Fourth Edition.
Complete the following-three quizzes to be turned in the first day of class.
I look forward to seeing
Chapter 7 Photosynthesis Study Guide and Questions
Photosynthesis (Reactants, Products, Location of Occurrence)
Redox Reactions (Oxidized, Reduced)
Cellular Respiration (Reactants, Products, Location of Occurrence)
Always handle microscopes and glass slides carefully.
Wash your hands after handling the prepared specimens.
Compound light microscope
Glass microscope slide with prepared onion root tip specimen
understand and iden
In a faraway city called Grant City, the main export and production
product is the steel widget. Everyone in the town has something to do with
steel widget making and the entire town is designed to build and export steel
Cell Test Corrections
Directions: For each test question you answered wrong, please follow the template below. You
must type the number, question, and multiple choice answers. THEN, in a text box identify the
correct answer and EXPLAIN in complete sentenc
Organelles tiny structures that carry out specific functions within the cell.
Cytoplasm is the fil
Water Properties Vocabulary
1. Use your book, notes and/or the internet to find the definition of vocabulary word. MUST
BE 10 WORDS OR LESS
2. Include a picture for each vocabulary word to help you remember the definition.
3. Create an analogy
Name: Mark Polanco
For this webquest, you will go to each of the websites and answer the questions that follow. Use
this guide to help you through this quest!
This was not designed to be easy! It was designed to
Name:_Mark Polanco_ Date:_08/27/2015_ Period:_5_
I can solve scientific problems using the
What are the scientific methods a biologist uses for research?
Textbook reading for review: pages 11-20
Potato Bubbles: Intro to Enzymes Laboratory
Name _Mark Polanco _Date _9/22/15_
Gather Background Information:
Purpose: To learn about the enzyme catalase
Task: Preview the questions on the left side. Use your reading strategies (underlining,
Essential question: How was the byzantine empire able to last for over a thousand years? And
what was the significance of the byzantine empire to world history?
Where did the ottoman come from?
Name came from Osman, a leader of a western
Close reading questions
1. Re-read the highlighted sentence in paragraph 1, which states Capital punishment kills a man
at once, but lifelong imprisonment kills him slowly. Explain what the banker means by this
statement: That imprisonment kills a man ove
1. What is a Karyotype? How do you read one and what information can be
obtained from one?
2. Discuss the outcomes of Nondisjunction. Discuss symptoms and causes of
PKU, sickle cell anemia, Tay Sachs disease, Hemophilia, Huntingtons disease,
What is an advantage of sexual reproduction over asexual reproduction?
What role do the centrioles play in mitosis?
What are the phases of the cell cycle?
When are the structures involved in cell division visible?
What is cancer?
I DO NOT ACCEPT LATE WORK ON THIS ASSIGNMENT!
Due Date is Wednesday, June, 5 2013
This project will involve you doing research on a single-trait genetic disorder.
You are to research a genetic disorder that will be assigned to you and create a
1. What is an organic compound?
Distinguish among carbohydrates, polysaccharides, amino acids, lips, nucleic
What is ATP? Which part of the molecule must be broken off ATP to get ADP?
Why is carbon so special compared to other elements?
1. In a multicellular organism all individual cells must be supplied with food and water. What
evolutionary solution to this problem is exemplified by the fungi? How does it get to new
2. List characteristic and examples for the following Ph
1. List properties and examples for the four tissue types. Relate structure and function.
2. Describe the respiration processes in a mammal. Compare to a fish, insect, amphibian.
3. How does oxygen and carbon dioxide travel in the blood? Trace the pathway
1. Law of Ind. Assortment and Law of segregation. When do they occur in meiosis?
What is the significance of the laws and how did Mendel derive them from his
2. Contrast metaphase I and II, anaphase I and II. Diploid vs. haploid? What
1. What is a hydrogen bond!?
2. How does pH affect enzymes and metabolism, how is pH measured? How does pH
interfere with tertiary structure? Contrast dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis.
3. What are the levels of protein organization? What bo
1. In which ways are humans affecting biogeochemical cycles?
2. How does photosynthesis convert light energy into chemical energy? Distinguish
between products of light dependent and light independent reactions.
3. How are the chemical products of the lig
The Night Face-Up
Bellwork: Research and provide 5 facts about Aztec Sacrifice that apply to our story:
1. They sacrificed to please their god.
2. They sacrificed to have good weather.
3. Huitzilopochtli was the main god.
4. They wo
CHAPTER 5 DEVELOPMENT ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
VOCABULARY MODULE 11,12&13
NAME:Julian Carmona CLASS:p.4
MODULE 11 TOPICS IN DEVELOPMENT
DEFINITION: the scientific study of the changes
that occur in people as they age from
conception until de
Name: Julian Carmona Valentin
The Bet part 2
Close reading questions
1. Keep track of the activities that filled the lawyers years in solitary confinement:
a. Year 1: Played piano and read books
b. Year 2: Asked for the classics
c. Year 6: Began studying
1. Create sections in your pamphlet
that address the following topics: The
goals of psychology, the various kinds if
work that psychologists do, and the
personal characteristics that might be
necessary to pursue a career in
2. Decide on the ki