Bacteria Wanted Project
Objective: Research one bacterial pathogen and produce a " Wanted
Requirements: Select a pathogen from the list below and produce a
wanted poster with the given parameters.
1. Borrelia burgdorferi
You are to create a story about a type of renewable resource. Your story
should include the following:
One type of renewable resource [solar, wind, geothermal,
hydropower, or biomass]
Your story should be informative about the type of resource
Chapters 8 & 9 Study Guide
Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, and Fermentation
1. In living things, cells use energy in the form of _ (
2. Draw and label a picture of your answer to #1.
3. Based on how they obtain food, organisms can be placed in one
I. TITLE: A sgiveninyourtextbook ,handout,orbytheteacher.
II. INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND/PURPOSE:Thiswillbeadescriptionoftheback ground
infor mationthatwouldbeneededtounderstandthislab.Forinstance,iftheexperi mentwason
photosynthesisyoushouldwriteso m e info
Exxon Valdez/BP oil Spill
Oil spill in Alaska, largest oil spill in U.S. History 1989/ Largest ever in the Gulf 2010
Learned how to clean it up.
Destroyed the wild life during clean up because we blasted the coast with hot water killing
What types of organisms perform cellular respiration?
20. In what type of situation will cells perform fermentation?
21. Fermentation is a modified version of which stage of cellular respiration?
22. Fill in the table about fermentation:
Type of Fermentat
Endangered Species Project
You will create an endangered species poster and diorama box based upon research
incorporating the topics below. The poster will include the information required below.
You are NOT to copy and paste information from websites. In
Three Mile Island
Nuclear Power Plant in Pennsylvania.
There was a core melt down in the 70s
The importance of this catastrophe shows how important it is to secure a nuclear power plant
Significance: Where do we put the waste?
Chapter 7 Study Guide
1. How is the body organized? (Name and describe from smallest to largest)
2. What is the difference between a unicellular organism and a multicellular organism?
3. What is the cell membrane mostly made from?
4. What o
Alternative assessment for field trip. (MINOR Assessment)
Write a 2 pg. paper on a NJ superfund site. (Include references) Due December 19,
Include the definition of a superfund and explain it origination.
Include the location of the site and th
Negative Impacts of Tar
Tar Sand oil is possibly the
worst type of oil for our
Produces 3x more
The process is very expensive for many
For ex. a