1. What did each soldier carry with him? (look at the very beginning of the chapter)
2. How did the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand lead to WWI? Would
there have been a war if he was not killed?
3. How did alliances and nationalism lead to W
In substitution codes, the letters of the plaintext (message to be put into secret
form) are replaced by other letters, numbers, or symbols. In this code system, each
letter of the alphabet and each of the numbers from 1 to 9 appears in the matrix of
1. What was aerial combat between fighter aircraft called?
2. The best aircraft of WWI was created by the Germany army. What was the
name of this aircraft?
3. What was the only strategic piece of equipment of a WWI airplane?
4. What was the most effective
1. Why might people believe their ruler was an intermediary between Heaven and Earth?
2. Why would sailors agree to voyage through unknown waters? Would you do it? Explain.
3. Why was a sea route to Asia important to the Europeans?
4. Why was Portugal abl
CHAPTER 17 REVIEW SHEET: Scientific Revolution and The
On a separate piece of paper, define all the key terms and people listed below.
The Scientific Revolution (17.1 PG 511-517)
Renaissance and Reformation
Italian artists and occupations
Church and state intertwined
The Age of Exploration
Renaissance/Reformation Chapter Homework Questions
Answer each question in a complete sentence and restate the question. Your
answers must be neatly written in INK or TYPED. No pencil. Use your
textbook, information from class, and/or additional research
Block 4 Journal Topics
3/27- Compare the federalists and anti-federalists present
during the ratification debates over the Constitution with
respect to their leadership/strategy, strengths/weaknesses,
and the outcome of their efforts.
3/28- The Louisiana
1. What was happening in the Church that made people want to change the
2. Why did Martin Luther break from the Church? What was the impact of this
3. How did Calvin continue the Reformation?
4. What was the response of the Church during th
1. Why do economic difficulties coupled with a lack of political cooperation
often lead to a rise of political extremist groups?
2. The French Revolution gave rise to the idea of a national holiday. If you
could propose a new national holiday, what would