Werewolf legend article selections
1. Look through the article for a paragraph(s) where a different cultures perspective on
Essential question: How was the byzantine empire able to last for over a thousand years? And
what was the significance of the byzantine empire to world history?
Where did the ottoman come from?
Name came from Osman, a leader of a western
Close reading questions
1. Re-read the highlighted sentence in paragraph 1, which states Capital punishment kills a man
at once, but lifelong imprisonment kills him slowly. Explain what the banker means by this
statement: That imprisonment kills a man ove
Theories of development
Name: Julian Carmona
Piagets stages of cognitive development
Behavior consists of simple motor responses to sensory stimuli ;
lacks concept of object perman
1. Create sections in your pamphlet
that address the following topics: The
goals of psychology, the various kinds if
work that psychologists do, and the
personal characteristics that might be
necessary to pursue a career in
2. Decide on the ki
Name: Julian Carmona Valentin
The Bet part 2
Close reading questions
1. Keep track of the activities that filled the lawyers years in solitary confinement:
a. Year 1: Played piano and read books
b. Year 2: Asked for the classics
c. Year 6: Began studying
CHAPTER 5 DEVELOPMENT ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
VOCABULARY MODULE 11,12&13
NAME:Julian Carmona CLASS:p.4
MODULE 11 TOPICS IN DEVELOPMENT
DEFINITION: the scientific study of the changes
that occur in people as they age from
conception until de
The Night Face-Up
Bellwork: Research and provide 5 facts about Aztec Sacrifice that apply to our story:
1. They sacrificed to please their god.
2. They sacrificed to have good weather.
3. Huitzilopochtli was the main god.
4. They wo
Potato Bubbles: Intro to Enzymes Laboratory
Name _Mark Polanco _Date _9/22/15_
Gather Background Information:
Purpose: To learn about the enzyme catalase
Task: Preview the questions on the left side. Use your reading strategies (underlining,
Name:_Mark Polanco_ Date:_08/27/2015_ Period:_5_
I can solve scientific problems using the
What are the scientific methods a biologist uses for research?
Textbook reading for review: pages 11-20
Name: Mark Polanco
For this webquest, you will go to each of the websites and answer the questions that follow. Use
this guide to help you through this quest!
This was not designed to be easy! It was designed to
Water Properties Vocabulary
1. Use your book, notes and/or the internet to find the definition of vocabulary word. MUST
BE 10 WORDS OR LESS
2. Include a picture for each vocabulary word to help you remember the definition.
3. Create an analogy
Energy in the Bonds of ATP
Read through the background information and procedure carefully. Answer the pre-lab
questions in your IAN. After Ive checked over them you may begin the lab.
Energy is the ability to do work. Potential en
Name: Mark Polanco
Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration
Construct Your Puzzle Pieces
1. Obtain 9 squares of paper these will be your puzzle pieces.
2. In each square, you will write in the chemical formula for one of the molecules involved in the process
Organelles tiny structures that carry out specific functions within the cell.
Cytoplasm is the fil
Cell Test Corrections
Directions: For each test question you answered wrong, please follow the template below. You
must type the number, question, and multiple choice answers. THEN, in a text box identify the
correct answer and EXPLAIN in complete sentenc
In a faraway city called Grant City, the main export and production
product is the steel widget. Everyone in the town has something to do with
steel widget making and the entire town is designed to build and export steel
Negative Impacts of Tar
Tar Sand oil is possibly the
worst type of oil for our
Produces 3x more
The process is very expensive for many
For ex. a
You are to create a story about a type of renewable resource. Your story
should include the following:
One type of renewable resource [solar, wind, geothermal,
hydropower, or biomass]
Your story should be informative about the type of resource
Chapters 8 & 9 Study Guide
Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, and Fermentation
1. In living things, cells use energy in the form of _ (
2. Draw and label a picture of your answer to #1.
3. Based on how they obtain food, organisms can be placed in one
I. TITLE: A sgiveninyourtextbook ,handout,orbytheteacher.
II. INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND/PURPOSE:Thiswillbeadescriptionoftheback ground
infor mationthatwouldbeneededtounderstandthislab.Forinstance,iftheexperi mentwason
photosynthesisyoushouldwriteso m e info
Exxon Valdez/BP oil Spill
Oil spill in Alaska, largest oil spill in U.S. History 1989/ Largest ever in the Gulf 2010
Learned how to clean it up.
Destroyed the wild life during clean up because we blasted the coast with hot water killing
What types of organisms perform cellular respiration?
20. In what type of situation will cells perform fermentation?
21. Fermentation is a modified version of which stage of cellular respiration?
22. Fill in the table about fermentation:
Type of Fermentat
Endangered Species Project
You will create an endangered species poster and diorama box based upon research
incorporating the topics below. The poster will include the information required below.
You are NOT to copy and paste information from websites. In
Three Mile Island
Nuclear Power Plant in Pennsylvania.
There was a core melt down in the 70s
The importance of this catastrophe shows how important it is to secure a nuclear power plant
Significance: Where do we put the waste?
Chapter 7 Study Guide
1. How is the body organized? (Name and describe from smallest to largest)
2. What is the difference between a unicellular organism and a multicellular organism?
3. What is the cell membrane mostly made from?
4. What o
Alternative assessment for field trip. (MINOR Assessment)
Write a 2 pg. paper on a NJ superfund site. (Include references) Due December 19,
Include the definition of a superfund and explain it origination.
Include the location of the site and th
Bacteria Wanted Project
Objective: Research one bacterial pathogen and produce a " Wanted
Requirements: Select a pathogen from the list below and produce a
wanted poster with the given parameters.
1. Borrelia burgdorferi
BINARY MOLECULAR COMPOUNDS
There are many compounds that have been named by an older system in which prefixes indicate
the number of atoms present. These are used when molecules are involved (two nonmetals
together in a compound.)
No. of Atoms