Theater Dance Worksheet
1. After watching the video of Steam Heat, what was your first impression of Fosses
choreography? Even before we started, how did you feel about learning this dance? (10)
2. Fosse often uses the Durante stance (leaning back with fe
What is the full name of Fortification # 2? (5)
What is the purpose of this exercise? (10)
Describe the following 3 shapes: (5 each)
What is the proper way to stop most Horton turns? (10)
Name a jump we learned this week:
What does the
Jazz Worksheet #2
1. What is a lay out? Which parts of your body need to be strong for this? Which parts need to be
2. What is the difference between a regular grand battement and a battement tilt? (10)
3. Tilts and fan kicks move from whic
. What is petit allegro? (10)
2. We must always have a
before and after a jump. (10)
3. Besides a saut in 1st position, name 2 types of jumps that start and end on 2 feet. (15)
4. Name 2 brushing jumps. (15)
5. Step of the cat is called: (10)
"crossed" - standing with the body facing the corner, legs appearing
crossed (front or back) from the audience perspective
"over the shoulder" - standing with one leg side, looking over the shoulder
under the lifted arm
a slow center
Here is an explanation of some of the basic warm-up exercises we will see
purpose: to stretch the hamstrings and back muscles; to strengthen the
how to: feet parallel 2nd, tilt forward from the hips, arms reaching away
An American modern dance technique developed in the 1930's-40's-50's
by Lester Horton.
Natural low: arms reaching straight down at sides, palms in
Middle parallel: reaching forward from shoulders, palms in
High parallel: rea
a technique for landing jumps safely and efficiently. AKA "rolling through the feet".
The purpose of TBHP is to absorb the impact of a jump with a quiet and efficient landing.
(efficient = not wasting any energy).
Using TBHP also
Floorwork: dancing that happens on a lower level OR skills that transition
you to and from the floor
Twist and Sit
a turning roll that can quickly move to and from the floor.
- use a lunge to lower down closer to the floor
- tuck in your legs to spe
A grand battement side with the hips tilted sideways.
When tilting, our goal is to create a tilt line where the arms are parallel to the extended
a circular grand battement - the leg brushes down across the body, circling up an
beating of the legs
a "stretched" beat; slide the leg open, along the floor, to a pointed foot
a "disengaged" beat; brush the leg inches off the floor to a point (passes through tendu)
a "large" b
a set sequence of movements
a person who creates dance
a "sentence" of dance, typically 8 counts long.
a phrase can also refer to a longer section of choreography, made of several 8-counts that
flow together like a "parag
to draw the toes up to and passing the knee, to come down on the other
a tight releve in 5th (or 3rd) position
an "arab-like" pose on one leg, with the arms and other leg extended.
(we define our arabesque by the relationship
- "to develop", a leg exercise that develops through 4 positions
- point to ankle, raise to passe, lift to attitude, extend (then close)
- a lifted and bent position of the leg
- not only for developpe, this can be used on its own, in t
The use of mental images to evoke a specific quality of movement or
- leap as if you are jumping over a large puddle
- fall to the floor like a candle melting slowly
The way that you are moving; the volume or intensity o
Tutorial #2: Selecting Hair with Refine Edge in
Heres the photo Ill be starting with. Notice all the curly strands of hair sticking out in front of the gray
background: File>Open this image in G: Drive>Photoshop>SampleImages
The original photo.
Tutorial #4 Changing Hair Color In An Image
In this photo retouching tutorial, were going to look at how simple and easy it is to change hair color in
Photoshop by tinting and colorizing someones hair in a photo. The technique well be learn
Tutorial #1:Changing Eye Color In
An Image With Photoshop
1. File>Open>G: Drive> Photoshop> Sample Images> Woman IN GRASS
2. Here is the image well be using
Lets get started!
Step 1: Zoom In On The Eyes
Before we begin, lets make it easier to see what wer
Instructions for WEB 2.0 Comic Life
1. Log onto
2. Scroll down page and click on purple link Web 2.0
3. Click on ComicLife (3 rows down 2nd block in)
4. You should arrive at website Click on icon that pertains to your computer
at home to download
Tutorial #3 Removing Acne, Skin Blemishes With
The Spot Healing Brush In Photoshop
In this Photo Retouching tutorial, well look at one of the most amazing and time saving photo retouching tools
available, the Spot Healing Brush, the first of three image "