Discussion Post #9
1. What are computer safety risks? What different types of security risks threaten school
computers? What are some safeguards that minimize security risks?
Computer security risks are any events or actions that have the potential of cau
1. Describe 4 reasons where teachers can find information about how to evaluate educational
software. Why is it important for teachers to evaluate software before using it in the classroom.
Teachers can find information about how to evaluate educational s
1. What is a graphical user interface? Describe some common features of both the Windows and
Macintosh graphical user interface.
A graphical user interface is the text, graphics and other visual cues that make software
easy to use to enter date and how in
1. Identify the thesis of the article (main idea).
Finding new ways to connect without children with technology rather than using the
same techniques from years ago and incorporating the technology. This is will help with making
connections with the stude
1. What is the difference between a curriculum standard and a benchmark? Are both curriculum
standards and benchmarks measurable? Why or why not?
A curriculum standard defines what a student is expected to know during certain stages/ages of
1. Explain the differences between 100 percent online and blended learning. Why are both
approaches important for K-12 education?
The difference between 100% online, also known as Wed-based course and blended
learning is that 100% online is when all of th