Chapter 6 Weekly Assignment
According to Carl Rogers prizing is one of the key concepts in the classroom. For the teacher this
involves respect as well as caring for the learner in a non-possessive way, a belief that the other person is
Weekly Assignment: Chapter 10
Throughout this chapter Parker Palmers philosophy consists of three major concepts:
balance, transcendence, and disposition, that also consists of sub concepts defining how to create
a transcendent relationship between teache
Chapter 5 Questions
1. How were Frances and Ms. Nettie role models for Jean as a mother and teacher?
Frances was a friends mother that Jean felt comfortable enough around to be able to talk
about personal topics. Frances was very blunt and direct which Je
Chapter 7 Questions:
1. How did Kathys English teacher demonstrate that her philosophy was transcendenceoriented?
Kathys English teacher understood her, trusted and respected her. He pushed her, but she
was assured that it was because she knew that he wan
Chapter 9 Questions
1. How do you feel when you have a cold teacher like the one Jerry first spoke about?
I feel badly about myself and that my learning means nothing to them.
2. How do you react to a cold teacher? What impact does such a teacher have on
Chapter 15 Questions
1. How would Beth understand her learners so well?
Beth went through many hardships of her own growing up, some of which are what her
learners are going through themselves. From a parents dying, mental illness in the family, being
Chapter 1 Questions
1. How and why was Dash and Orlandos relationship transcendent?
Dashs sincere manner allowed for Orlando to feel comfortable and open up. This
conversation led to Dash and Orlando finding that they had more in common with each other
Chapter 2 Questions:
1. How can Anne be characterized as a shamanic teacher?
Anne is the ultimate source of information on how to help Helens transcendence and
transformation. Anne was blind and had gone off to school so she had the essential tools and wa
Chapter 3 Questions
1. Who was Mr. Santon? What was he like? Why was he important to Peggy?
Mr. Santon is a drama teacher in high school who had came from New York where he
worked as a stage manager of Broadway shows. He had this way about him that made t
Chapter 16: Weekly Assignment
Throughout chapter 16 it discusses the following on how a transcendent atmosphere is
created in the classroom, how the learners feel in a transcendent atmosphere, and what the
impact of transcendent teachers have on them. Thr