Continental Drift Lab
Introduction: Since the early I 9th Century, people have thought about
the jigsaw t of the continents. South American .and Africa appear as
though they couid t together.
Geologists have collected data that indicate that
A. A mineral is:
1. naturally occurring:
a. minerals: _
b. not minerals: _
2. inorganic _:
3. Definite Chemical Composition_
Down to Earths Core Video Questions
1. The coal in The mine began as
2. When did This cool begin To form?
3. WhaT was Carlsbad Cavern 218 million years ago?
4. WhaT mineral in The NauTilus causad iT To Turn inTo limesTone?
5. WhaT is The name of The "crac
Rocks & Minerals
? Of the Earth's more than 2,000 identified minerals, only a
small number are commonly found in rocks. This fact
indicates that most
1) minerals weather before they can be identified
2) minerals have properties that are difficult to id
Move mouse over "?" for answers or over 'key' for hints and/or explanations.
In order to make observations, an observer must always use
(2) the senses
(3) mathematical calculations
Using a ruler to measure the lengt