Medical Interventions 1.1.2-1.1.6
August 29, 2016
Final University Case Report
Recognition of Outbreak
On August 15th, 2016 (Day 1) an outbreak of an unknown disease was recognized at a
local University. The University infir
1. Explain how color and light can be helpful when determining concentration.
Color and Light show the concentration of the liquid to see and match it to the Original.
2. How can a standard curve be used to determine the concentration of a solution?
1. Explain why antibodies allow scientists to target and identify specific disease agents.
Antibodies allow to target agents by being able to be sampled
2. Why is the secondary antibody used in an ELISA test conjugated with an enzyme? What happens
1. Which types of vaccines described on the website are examples of live vaccines?
Explain your reasoning.
Vaccines that used the reduced strength of the pathogen, so your immune system does not
get affected directly but learns how to fight against this d
1. Patients with Tinnitus experience the constant perception of sound in the ear, often in the form of
high pitched whining, buzzing, hissing, ringing, or whooshing sounds. The Speech-in-Noise Test you
just performed uses a constant whooshing sound to sim
1. Describe how John Snows investigation may have differed if the cholera outbreak occurred today.
Think about the interventions and tests you have explored in this lesson.
Today's study would be much more accurate , and by finding people with more simila
1. Explain how sound travels through the air.
Sound is created when air molecules vibrate in air in a pattern called waves. These waves are
moving through a medium such as air which gives it the ability to be heard.
2. Draw a picture of a sound wave. Labe
1. What cellular components do some bacterial cells have that make them powerful pathogens?
Explain your answer.
Thicker Cell wall, Multiple drug resistance making it invulnerable to antibiotics,
2. Why are penicillins often more effective against Gram po
1. Why did your grandparents or other senior members of the community have vaccinations tat you
did not have to have?
Because after generations of generations of treatments and vaccines have been administered
destroying the disease.
2. Explain how vaccina
1. How would a genetic counselor use a pedigree to help his or her clients understand genetic
2. Compare and contrast preimplantation genetic diagnosis and fetal testing. Does one type of test
raise more ethical concerns than the other? Explain
How can scientists identify specific bacteria when they are amplifying and studying the same
region of DNA in each species?
The Differences in nucleotide base sequence.
Why is PCR used in the process of DNA sequencing?
To create a chain of DNA hence havin
1. What was the purpose of culturing bacteria on these four plates?
To see the growth of the bacteria on each antibiotic tray
2. How did your predicted results compare to your observed results?
They both came in around very similar growth levels as i did
1. How did your results compare to the other groups results? Explain why different groups obtained
Diffrent rolls on the dice, probablity of diffrenece on each roll per person per group.
2. Given what you know about antibiotics, what ot
1. Why are cochlear implants controversial?
Because of the parents involvement in the child's life, if the child will ever feel 100% normal
2. How effective are cochlear implants in restoring hearing? Does the implant work the same way for
23 September, 2016
1.3.2 Can You Hear Me Now? Career Journal- Audiologist
Audiologist treat and assist patients with the ear and hearing problems. They diagnose hearing
dysfunctions with test such as pure tone,
Name: David Brinson
PowerPoint Lesson 1: PowerPoint Basics
Academic Skills Check
1. Why is it important to know your audience when planning a presentation?
So that you know how to present and what information to put in it.
2. How can you
Name: _ Date: _ Block: _
Crash Course Video #1
The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
(1) Before the Europeans reached the Americas what skills and tools did the Native Americans not have?
(2) Before the Europeans reached the Americas what skil
Tips for Creating a Great
By Anna Lee
Question 1. Who is my audience?
Would you speak to you teachers the same way you would speak
to your peers?
How would you speak to your peers?
How would you speak to your teachers?
29 August, 2016
Final Report 1.1.6
There was a recent outbreak of a disease at a local college campus. Sue Smith was the
first patient who reported feeling rundown, headache, sore muscles, and had a fever; she p
Molar Mass of Butane
Grace Pouch, Hannah Betfort
September 7, 2016
The Molar Mass of Butane
Butane is a combustible gas meaning it can react to produce carbon dioxide
and water. However because gases have such small densities we ar