Unit 7 Study Guide
Hair and Fiber Analysis
1. How is the TOTAL magnification of a microscope determined?
Eye piece lens power X Objective power.
2. What things should be included in a microscope drawing?
Unit 4 Study Guide
1. Who discovered the ABO Blood groups? _Karal
2. How many different protein factors are found in blood? _More than
3. What are biological traits?
4. What is a gene?
Basic unit of heredity. Consists o
Unit 5 Study Guide
1. What does DNA stand for? _Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid _
2. The subunits / building blocks of DNA are called _Phosphate Group, sugar, base A,
T, G,and C_, they are made up of three parts (draw the structure and label the three
Unit 3 Study Guide
1. Who developed an identification system built on anthropometry (body
2. Who published the first book on fingerprints?
3. Who developed the fingerprint classification system
Unit 2 Study Guide
The Crime Scene
1. Define the term physical evidence. (Be sure to include ALL parts)
Physical evidence is any object that can:
1. Establish that a crime has been committed.
2. Provides a link between the crime and perpetrator.
2. List t
Unit 1 Study Guide
Introduction to Forensic Science
1) Define the term forensic science
2) The job description of a forensic scientist includes
3. Why has there been a rapid growth in the number of forensic labs? (3 reasons)
4. Explain the responsib