May 20, 2011
Venetian Political Theory
From its founding, Venice has always been separate from mainland Italy. This is
evident in their architecture, their artwork, and, most importantly, their government. The
Michelangelo, Capitoline Hill (Campidoglio)
- Seat of government; important place Michelangelo wanted to give it a sense of
regularity and majesty.
- The oval on the floor keeps the viewer involved.
- Colossal order- pilasters; look like they are holding
March 8, 2011
- People didnt want to deal with public penances when the Church became the official
religion of the Roman Empire, so good works were necessary to make up for it
- How much did they have to do to get into heaven? Question comes from th