The first paragraph discusses the dangers of oxygen and mentions two compounds that
can be produced. One is hydrogen peroxide. What is the other one?
~The other one is superoxide radicals
Later in the f
1. Why it is important to adjust the condenser when you are using a microscope?
~ It is important because you can increase the illumination and the resolution of
the image that you are looking at.
2. Why it is important to adjust the iris di
Name: Emily Mathios
Lab Section: 31
You will work with several kinds of models during the Protein Shape lab.
1. What is a toober?
~A toober is a wire covered in foam.
2. What will the toober represent when you use it in making a model of a protein?
1. (5 pts) Watch the video at: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ2aY5lxEGE
What do you see in this video that reinforces what you learned in our Protein Shape
lab? Write your response as a short essay, in paragraph form.
-This video really re
1. Look at the first two questions on the first Group Activity Sheet. Do you understand what those
questions are asking you to do? If you say No, explain what help you need to get to be able to
understand the questions.
~I do understand what
PROCESS OF SCIENCE
Describe what happened when you and your partner set out to challenge another groups
hypothesis during the termite activity.
What was their hypothesis
The other groups hypothesis was that the termite i
Describe, briefly, two fundamental aspects of cells that are found in both prokaryotes and
~Both eukaryotes and prokaryotes have DNA. DNA is the genetic material for the
cell. In prokaryotes it is in a nucleoid re
Auxins are produced primarily in shoot tips. They stimulate stem elongation,
promote the formation of lateral and adventitious roots, regulate fruit
development, enhance apical dominance and has a function in phototropism.