1. What are the basic activities associated with preventive maintenance?
c. Minor repairs or adjustment
d. Work order initiation
2. Under what circumstances might it be appropriate for hospitality m
1. What are the roles fulfilled by facilities in the hospitality industry?
a. Great satisfaction with an appealing visual environment.
b. Manufacturing plant that creates and delivers services and products.
c. Provide identity t
1. What are potential motivations for initiating environmental programs?
a. Economic considerations
b. Regulatory issues
c. Market factors
d. Social responsibility
2. Why is waste management important to hotel operators?
1. What actions might help reduce employee injuries?
Hotels need to implement programs of loss prevention, restrict duty programs, establish a
safety committee, implement safety programs, and place either an individual or a safe
Frequency of use high
Frequency of use medium
Frequency of use low
Information flow high
HW3, 10 pts
Assigned: March 5, 2016
Due: March 28, 2016 by 11:59PM EST.
Submission instructions: Homework must be submitted on paper to the submission box
outside E2-415. Make sure to include all written work and print-outs of any code. If stated,
At Risk Youth
For our activities chart, the most important relationships of the factory that we felt were need are:
Executive Conference Room, President, Sales Department, Employees, Manufacturing Manager,
Manufacturing Engineer Office, Production and Distribution Mana
1. Why should a hotel renovate?
Need for new equipment
Need for new building elements like the roof, floors, etc.
Need for new furnishings and finishes
Need for new interior design
The market has changed, therefore, there
1. How does the menu affect a restaurants layout?
Defining the menu helps to decide who the target market is. As the menu gets more
complex, the kitchen may need to be larger to allow for more equipment and work space.
1. What are the key steps of the development process?
Conceptual phase where the first idea for a project is envisioned
Development and design process brings together many specialists
Owner requires assista
1. What should an inspector look for when checking a foundation?
Cracks through the foundation wall
Evidence of water flowing adjacent to the foundation
Spalling or crumbling concrete
Moisture penetrating the foundation wal
EIN 4364 Facilities Team Assignment
Due Tuesday April 4/4/2017 at noon.
Continuing with each teams class assignment for either auto or bike. Please provide the
following forms and charts:
Departmental Service and Area requirements sheet.
EMIE HW 1
P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) P(A B)
P(A U B) = .8 +.6 -.5
P(A U B) = .9
P(A B) = 1 P(A U B)
P(A B) = 1 - .9
P(A B) = .1
P(B A) = P(A B) / P(A)
P(B A) = .5 / .8
P(B A) = .625
i. Not exhaustive; they are disjoint events;