1. In the circuit shown, all the node voltages have been assigned.
Write all the equations necessary and sufficient for nodal analysis. Do NOT
simplify or solve the equations.
2. In the circuit shown, all the node voltages have been ass
1. The following voltage and current obey the passive sign convention in a circuit.
v (t ) 12(1 e 2 t )V , i (t ) 2e 2 t mA
a) Find the time t>0 when the power is at its maximum.
b) Find the maximum power.
c) How much total energy is tra
1. An iPod with a 630 mAh lithium ion battery is to be charged from a high-power USB port
supplying 150 mA of current. At the beginning of the recharge, 7.8 C of charge is stored in the
battery. The recharging process halts when
1. Consider the following two cases:
(a) Two equal resistors are connected in series with a voltage source.
(b) The same two resistors are connected in parallel with the same source in a different circuit.
Which one of the two cases, (a
1. The current in a resistor R is given by i (t ) = I 0e
where I0 and are constants and t is time. Find the energy
dissipated in the interval 0<t< in terms of I0, and R.
2. What is the conductance of the following circuit between
In the circuit shown, all the node voltages have been assigned.
Write all the equations necessary and sufficient for nodal analysis. Do
NOT simplify or solve the equations. You MUST number the equations
to be graded. Unnumbered equations will be not grade
Lecture 04 Problem Set w Soln
Lecture 04 Problem Set w Soln (3/3)
Find I0 and I1 in the circuit below.
a) Using KVL, find I0. b) Find Vac and Vcd.
Due May 27, 2015
1. The current io in the following circuit is 1A.
a) Find i1.
b) Find the power dissipated in each resistor.
c) Verify that the total power dissipated in
the circuit equals the power developed by
the 150V source.
Due June 10, 2015
1. Using source transformation, determine the Norton equivalent with respect to A and B for
the circuit shown below.
2. Consider the following circuit.
Due May 20, 2015
1. A 12 V UPS battery has a nominal capacity of 84 Wh. If the load draws a current of 105
mA; determine the following:
a) For how long will the UPS supply current?
b) How much energy in joules is contained in the
1. In the following circuit, box A represents one of the following:
(a) an ideal ammeter
(b) an ideal voltmeter
(c) a 20- resistor
In which case is Is the maximum?
2. A voltmeter of 200 internal resistance is to be connected to the foll
1. In the circuit below:
(a) Identify all the nodes and label them by numerals (1,2,3 etc.)
(b) Find V 1 and I 1 .
2. In a circuit, V AB = 20V and V CB = 10V. Find V CA .
3. Find the relationship between v and i in the circuit shown bel
1. In the circuit shown, all the mesh currents have been assigned. Write all the equations necessary and sufficient
for mesh analysis. The resistor at the top is 20.
2. In the circuit shown, all the mesh currents hav
ECE 320 / ECE329
1. ( 2 points) Aload connectedacross a120V ACrmslineabsorbs1800Watts and480VArs. Calculate
b. 4.0 Amps
c. 15.5 Amps
( 1800 j 480 ) V A
ECE 320/ ECE329
1. (5points) A smallpowersystemis configured asshownin Figure1.The line reactance is
j0.35Ohms.Bothidealtransformershavea 5:1turns ratio. For anoutputof1.0MVA,
480V ACrms,0.94 power factor atfull load, find the voltageregulation.
ECE 320 / ECE329
Introduction to DCMachines
1. (6points)A0.2meterlongconductor inside a rotor with a0.1meterradius rotates
counterclockwise at anangular velocityof200radians/second ina uniform,constant magnetic
1. ( 8points) Abuckconverter operates at500kHz ata dutycycleof0.35. It provides anoutput
voltage of 2.5 VoltsDC toa20 Ohmload.The inductor is10H.Assume an ideal transistor
switch and diode;Assume negligible voltage ripple on the outputvoltage.
ECE 320 / 329
(4points)Ontheaxesgiven below, draw two different waveforms that each have anrmsvalue of1.0
Volts.Label thewaveforms sufficiently thatit ispossible to calculate that rms valueof1.0Volts from
the labels that you provide.