1. The definition of drug dosage is:
a. to give a medication
b. the amount of medication in a single dose
c. chemicals that affect living processes
d. a written direction for dispensing drugs
2. Pharmacology is defined as the
a. study of disease
1. Common side effects of medications for endocrine diseases include all of the following EXCEPT
a. headache and nervousness
b. low blood sugar
c. no changes in growth and cardiac function
d. diarrhea, heartburn, and edema
e. increased appetite
The definition of drug dosage is
-to give a medication
-the amount of medication in a single dose
-chemicals that affect living processes
-a written direction for dispensing drugs
Pharmacology is defined as the
study of diseases
use of drugs to diagnose,
1.2 Graded Quiz (Legislation Ch1)
1-Controlled substances in Schedule II should be kept separate from other drugs
and in a secure area.
2-Drug testing is done on which of the following before being named an
Investigational New Drug?
A medication error may occur in which of the following circumstances?
an error in prescribing, administering, or dispensing medicine
administering the incorrect dose of the medication
adding the medication to a large amount of food that may be partially e
Common side effects of medications for endocrine diseases include all of the following EXCEPT
headache and nervousness
low blood sugar
no changes in growth and cardiac function
diarrhea, heartburn, and edema
increased appetite, nause
ensures consumer is receiving safe, quality drugs with expected therapeutic properties ensures that drugs active ingredients have exact concentration or strength with each dosage
1906 - Pure Food and Drug Act
Fulcher: Pharmacology, 3rd Edition
Chapter 20: Endocrine System Disorders
1. Which of the following are common symptoms of endocrine diseases?
1. skin, hair, and nail changes
2. mental deviations
3. changes in urinary output and
Commonly. nonparenteral medicatien measuring devices designed for athame use are labeled in unils of which system?
You Answered , household
all of the above
@ a and c only
Darren Quarrie, PharmD, CPh
Office Hours: By appointment
E-mail: [email protected]
Lecture: No Class Time Required
This course will involve the study of the pharmacology, ter
Standardixtion ofdmgs began
in the 19th century
5 in the 20111 century
Drugs have always been standardized.
To administer a dmg means to
5 give that medication
gure the dosage of the medication
see how the medication aff
Fulcher: Pharmacology, 3rd Edition
Chapter 30: Drugs for Mental Health and Behavioral Disorders
1. Mental health is concerned with which of the following aspects of a person?
1. physical health
2. cognitive health and affective b
Practice Quiz Chapter 2
1. Component(s) of medications include all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Inactive medicinal ingredient
2. Factors concerning drug absorption that are important in patient teaching are
A. pH in stomach, and food presence
Practice Quiz Chapter 4
1. Drugs that may cause fetal defects are called:
2. To assist the elderly with compliance
A. Medications should be given at a convenient time, in a convenient form, and the reason for
prescribed medications should be
Practice Quiz Chapter 3
1. Drugs that are marked by are _ drugs.
A. Trade name
2. An allied health professional is not familiar with a medication that is to be administered. Where
may information concerning the medication be found?
A. USP/NF, PDR, and pro
9.4 Graded Quiz
1. Toxic effects of chemotherapeutic agents include
- Cardiotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, and neurotoxicity
2. Cytotoxic medications may be given
- IM, IV, orally, and SC
3. True or False: Antibiotics used as chemotherapeutic a
8.4 Graded Quiz
1. The CDC recommends which of the following immunizations for polio?
- inactivated polio vaccine (IPV)
2. DTaP vaccine requires how many immunizations if given properly?
3. The National Childhood Vaccine Act of 1986 req
10.4 Graded Quiz Eye & Ear
1. True or False: OTC ophthalmic medications are always safe for use by all people because the FDA
has approved the use of these drugs.
2. Otic preparations may be which of the following?
- Drying agents, antibiotics, an