Please make sure to include units where it is appropriate. This applies to
all the labs you will be performing!
Experiment 1: Decomposition
1. Record the total mass of the crucible and its contents:
2. What is the color of the crucible
Characteristic Properties- Melting and Boiling Points
Experiment 1: Properties of water
1. Record the freezing/melting point of water in degrees Celsius = 0C
2. Record the boiling point of water in degrees Celsius= 100C
3. Define the following terms:
Identifying Unknown Substances from Characteristics Properties
1. Record the three intensive properties of the solid 4- solubility in water, density and melting point.
Test 1: Determine the solubility of the solid4 (S4) in water
Test 2: Den
Worksheet on Chapter 6
1. Write the chemical formula for each of the following compounds.
(a) Sulfur tetrafluoride
(b) Manganese (II) acetate _
(c) Potassium phosphide
(d) Dinitrogen pentaoxide
(e) Silver chloride
(f) Aluminum dichromate
Worksheet on Chapter 8
1. Ibuprofen, C13H18O2, is the active ingredient in many non-prescription pain relievers.
(a) If the tablets in a bottle contain a total of 13 g of ibuprofen, how many moles of ibuprofen are
in the bottle?
C= (12 x 13) = 156
Worksheet on Chapter 4
1. An atom contains three subatomic particles. List three subatomic particles with their
Protons (+), Electrons (-), Neutrons (neutral)
2. Calculate the atomic mass for magnesium given the following data for it natural
Worksheet on Chapter 3
1. Classify each of the following as an element, compound, homogeneous mixture or
(a) Sodium chloride (table salt)
(b) Salt water
(d) Sand in water
Worksheet on Chapter 5
1. According to the general trend in the periodic table, predict which element in the
following pair has the smaller atomic radius? Circle one. Na or Al
2. According to the general trend in the periodic table, predict which element
Worksheet on Chapter 2
You must show work where it says work and include unit to receive full credit.
1. Convert 903.3 nm to micrometers (m).
903.3 x 10^(-9) m = 903.3 x 10^(-3 - 6) m = 903.3 x 10^(-3) x
10^(-6) m = 903.3 x 10^(-3) micrometers
Conservation of Mass
Experiment 1: Study of Conservation of Mass in a Solution Reaction
Record your lab results in the table below.
mass of empty Erlenmeyer flask (g)
mass of flask + 50 mL 5% vinegar (g)
mass of flask + 50 mL NaOH (g)
mass of flask after