Calculations with Chemical Formulas
Dr. Diego J. Daz
Text: General Chemistry 9th Ed. by
Ebbing & Gammon
Molecular mass (MM) sum of the atomic masses of all the atoms
in a molecule. Average mass of the molecule in
Study guidelines for Test 3 (Fall, 2015)
6. Structure and functions of focal adhesions and hemodesmosomes.
Focal adhesion anchor cells. Structures that can be rapidly disassembled if the
adherent cell is stimulated to move or enter mitosis. Pla
Study guidelines for Test 2 (Fall, 2015)
(pp page 44)
11. What is membrane fluidity? What is transition temperature? What factors determine
the transition temperature of a membrane?
Physical state of lipids in the bilayer. Lipids exist in two s
Study guidelines for Test 1 (Fall, 2015)
1. Definition of a cell. Three tenets of cell theory.
2. Basic properties of cells.
3. Difference between prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells.
4. Difference between animal cells and plant cells.
Study guidelines for Test 4 (Fall, 2016)
1. How does genetic information flow? Transcription and translation.
a. DNA to RNA (transcription. )
b. mRNA to polypeptide (translation)
2. How many different kinds of RNAs a cell has (remember there ar