Chapter 09 - The Entrepreneurial Leader and the Team
1. Most rapid growth ventures also follow conventional organisational patterns and structures.
2. Entrepreneurial leaders generally strive to be at the centre of attention in their
Chapter 17 - Leading Rapid Growth, Crises and Recovery
1. By the 1990s, the Hay System had become the leading method of evaluating entrepreneurial performance.
2. The faster the rate of growth, the greater the potential for difficult
Chapter 12 - Franchising
1. Growth and sales are the essence of the franchise mentality.
2. Franchising is not an entrepreneurial activity.
3. Research to develop a demographic profile of the customer base will not include
Chapter 07 - Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurship
1. Entrepreneurs have to choose between social and economic impacts. True or false?
2. By definition, all entrepreneurship is social enterprising.
3. Entrepreneurs do
Chapter 15 - The Deal: Valuation, Structure, and Negotiation
1. The lure of money often leads to a common trap the opportunity cost trap.
2. Public companies always trade at prices that are consistent with their earnings and sales ra
Chapter 08 - The Business Plan
1. A business plan has no particular benefits.
2. Rough estimates are a good idea for business plans when you are not sure of the exact figures you need.
3. When presenting a plan for a busin
Chapter 18 - The Family as Entrepreneur
1. Families provide the dominant form of business organisation worldwide.
2. Families comprise the dominant form of business organisation worldwide, and provide more resources for the
Chapter 19 - The Harvest and Beyond
1. Having a harvest goal and crafting a strategy to achieve it are what separate successful entrepreneurs from the
rest of the pack.
2. If begun early in the venture building process, shaping a har
Chapter 13 - Entrepreneurial Finance
1. Virtually all factors and assumptions that are embedded in popular financial theories and models such as
CAPM simply do not apply to new ventures or entrepreneurial ventures.
2. Spreadsheets ar
Chapter 05 - The Opportunity: Creating, Shaping,
1. The fit of the lead entrepreneur and the management team with an opportunity is of the utmost importance.
2. For owners of small businesses, extremely long hour
Chapter 14 - Obtaining Venture and Growth Capital
1. One of the toughest trade-offs for any young company is to balance the need for startup and growth capital
with preservation of equity.
2. Bootstrapping an early stage company is a
Chapter 06 - Screening Venture Opportunities
1. The ability to quickly and efficiently reject ideas is a very important entrepreneurial mindset.
2. Completing the Venture Opportunity Screening Exercises is designed to clear up the un
Chapter 11 - Resource Requirements
1. Whenever possible, effective entrepreneurs seek to own the resources they need.
2. One advantage of owning resources during the startup is that it puts the team in a better position to commit
Chapter 16 - Obtaining Debt Capital
1. Trade credit is a major source of short-term funds for small businesses.
2. Debt financing is used as it can be easy to understand.
3. The availability of debt financing for high-tech
Group : Creative Three
Recommended course of
Conclusion and Updates
Backgrounds of two founder of the Burts Bee
Chapter 01_The Global Entrepreneurial Revolution for a Flatter
While leading U.S. venture capital firms are interested in establishing relationships and operations in
China, the Chinese government continues to resist such overtures.