Chapter 1 Sample Questions
1. Prediction, as a strategy used by the media, most clearly involves which of the following?
a. providing a manufactured product
c. creating and perpetuating stereotypes
d. framing worst case scenarios as typi
WHAT IS A CRIME?
1. The policy objectives of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), when
it was first enacted, included _.
a. reducing the unacceptably high level of incarceration that existed
under the Young Offenders Act (YOA)
b. reserving cust
Chapter 4 Sample Questions
1. If a police officer stops a motorist for speeding, and sees a firearm in the backseat of the car, the officer can
search the vehicle and seize the firearm under:
a. plain view doctrine
b. exigent circumstances
c. knock-on tec
Chapter 3 Sample Questions
1. According to Inspector Dan Jones of the EPS, policing is not a profession but a:
2. According to the class discussion of community policing, community participatio
Chapter 2 Sample Questions
1. Police are generally accountable to the provincial police acts that exist in their jurisdiction. Which of the
following would be the exception?
a. rural police forces
b. regional police forces
c. the RCMP
d. the OPP and the S