1. Identify three important differences between a virtual circuit network (for example,
ATM) and a datagram network (for example, Internet).
2. Consider Figure 4.3 from the textbook and the virtual circuit (VC) table for router R1
shown above the figure.
Network Design and Implementation
Source: Jerry FitzGerald, and Allan Dennis. 2009. Business Data Communications and
Steps in Network Design and Implementation
1. Conduct a Feasibility Study
The purpose of a feasibility study is to determine t
Saturday, May 23, 2015
INFO 2500 - Tutorial Sheet One
1. Why are standards important for protocols?
2. What are the transmission rates of Ethernet LAN?
3. Suppose there is exactly one packet switch between a sending host and a receiving host. Th
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
INFO 2500 - Tutorial Sheet Two
1. True or false?
a. A user requests a Web page that consists of some text and three images. For this page, the
client will send one request message and receive four response messages.
1. Suppose a process in host C has a UDP socket with port number 787. Suppose host A and host B
each send a UDP segment to host C with destination port number 787. Will both of these
segments be directed to the same socket at host C? If so, how will the p